• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Jerry Kill on PJ Fleck

Read that this morning, I am not a big fan of Fleck so I think Kill is right to a point about him, but not sure he should gave gone public with his comments. Now about Kill's comments about Minnesota, different story if he is upset with Minnesota for they way they treated his coaches then I am ok with that.

Fleck is a weirdo, but how many replaced coaches......who allegedly leave their position for health reasons only to take another job the next year....remain close friends with their replacement?

Fleck is the king of the douche bags. I say Kill is just telling us what we already know. I might not like some teams in the B1G. However until row row row the douche is gone I will root for any team playing Minny. Fleck is bad for the league. I put him on the same level as Bo for his sideline antics. There is only one caption for this picture.

images

"My name is PJ and I am a Douche"

Last edited:

The jury is still out on how good he is as a coach. I suspect that he will do very well (not championships, but solid teams with good records) for Minnesota and move on to better things. He is abrasive, but there's a lot of that going around in public life.

Kill seemed like a class act I certainly admire his grit and he cared about his players. Time will tell with Minnesota they certainly ended their season on a high note . If they find a QB they could be a very tough team to beat at home.

Fleck is a weirdo, but how many replaced coaches......who allegedly leave their position for health reasons only to take another job the next year....remain close friends with their replacement?

Fleck was an assistant under Kill at Northern Illinois. SO they had a prior relationship.

Fleck is the king of the douche bags. I say Kill is just telling us what we already know. I might not like some teams in the B1G. However until row row row the douche is gone I will root for any team playing Minny. Fleck is bad for the league. I put him on the same level as Bo for his sideline antics. There is only one caption for this picture.

images

"My name is PJ and I am a Douche"

I don't know if he is a Douche or not, but he is definitely a unique individual. The article describes him as a can of Red Bull dressed in maroon. That is pretty accurate. I mean look at that picture, that is how he shows up at every PC, dressed in a very dapper suit. He is very conscious of his image. Always wears a tie on the sideline etc. I doubt he has a dip in like SF does.

I like to go home for lunch during the FB season and on Mondays and Tuesdays the B1G network shows coaches PC for the week. The guy talks a mile a minute and half of what he says is just double talk bull shiet. Think Diaco mixing in the word elite a lot.

I think he will wear thin with fans rather quickly if he doesn't really win some games. His shtick would never play at most P5 schools.

edit: The article mentions that he worked under Greg Schiano at Rutgers. Schiano has a lot of the traits Fleck has, just not nearly as intense about it. I remember when he was at Rutgers they had some sort of mantra like "Row the Boat". It wasn't that particular saying, but it was a similar mentality of all pulling together.

Last edited:

The jury is still out on how good he is as a coach. I suspect that he will do very well (not championships, but solid teams with good records) for Minnesota and move on to better things. He is abrasive, but there's a lot of that going around in public life.
But he is a lot better than Mike Riley LOL!

His persona only works over the long haul at schools like Western Michigan. It's tough to put on the act he does at a P5 school and come up with 6-6 seasons. Group of 5 schools will put up with it, because every once in a while he'll find a few overlooked guys and put together a good season.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back