• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Jeriah Horne Transferring?

Not surprising at all given everything I'd heard throughout the season. Good kid from a good family. I think there is quite a bit of potential there, if the effort and want to is there, he will score some points in his college career.

There may be one more. I hope not but we will soon find out.

I liked his ability to shoot from the perimeter, and the calm in taking tough shots. He also had a pretty decent feel for finding the gaps in the defenses to get shots off. The areas I was really surprised about were his not understanding where NOT to be. He brought his defender into the play several times by not knowing where to go on certain sets. His defense was also just not good. He's athletic enough to play good D, but seems to lose focus too often and we were hurt by the 3 in most of those cases.

I'd love to see him stay and develop, as I believe his upside can make him a solid 12-14 guy as he matures.

Last edited:

I still don't understand the logic keeping Miles. If Miles doesn't produce next year and SE has to let him go, you've set the program back even farther then before.

As Bilsker pointed out, how do you recruit now? If I was an opposing coach, I'd be all over any recruits we are after. Horne was out of KC, not a good look for the potentials recruits down there...

And so goes it for NU basketball

I still don't understand the logic keeping Miles. If Miles doesn't produce next year and SE has to let him go, you've set the program back even farther then before.

As Bilsker pointed out, how do you recruit now? If I was an opposing coach, I'd be all over any recruits we are after. Horne was out of KC, not a good look for the potentials recruits down there...

And so goes it for NU basketball

Just grasping the obvious, are you? Let's try to simplify: He's recruited some good young talent, and gotten a couple of good transfers. He had the misfortune of losing his best player a couple of weeks before the beginning of the year, but had some guys step up as best as they could. He had a team that showed some toughness against very good competition early, won against some of the better teams in the league, lost some to teams they should have beaten, struggled with some key injuries, and ran out of gas toward the end of the season. Considering the players who he has next year, players that came to the program because he recruited them, I think it makes sense to give him a year with those kids. Your contention that IF he has a bad year we are a further behind is kind of silly, because the reality is if he has a good year we are in a better place. You have absolutely no 'sure thing' coaches that you could suggest would actually come to the program, so your change could put us even further behind. Your change could put us 5 or 6 years behind. Your change could break up the core of a pretty good young team if we had several defections. Your suggestion is pointless and SE not deciding to go with it means he's probably done some preliminary work and doesn't see anyone who is guaranteed to be a better option going into next year.

Was all that easy enough to digest?

When Jeriah himself says his practice habits are bad, coupled with bad defense, makes one wonder "is transferring going to solve these problems?". Look at Tai...kid worked hard to improve yearly and easily could have left. Some kids just want it handed to them w/o effort or earning it.

Just grasping the obvious, are you? Let's try to simplify: He's recruited some good young talent, and gotten a couple of good transfers. He had the misfortune of losing his best player a couple of weeks before the beginning of the year, but had some guys step up as best as they could. He had a team that showed some toughness against very good competition early, won against some of the better teams in the league, lost some to teams they should have beaten, struggled with some key injuries, and ran out of gas toward the end of the season. Considering the players who he has next year, players that came to the program because he recruited them, I think it makes sense to give him a year with those kids. Your contention that IF he has a bad year we are a further behind is kind of silly, because the reality is if he has a good year we are in a better place. You have absolutely no 'sure thing' coaches that you could suggest would actually come to the program, so your change could put us even further behind. Your change could put us 5 or 6 years behind. Your change could break up the core of a pretty good young team if we had several defections. Your suggestion is pointless and SE not deciding to go with it means he's probably done some preliminary work and doesn't see anyone who is guaranteed to be a better option going into next year.

Can we quit with the excuses of running out of gas, key injuries, showed toughness, etc... Every team in the nation could use those excuses in some way, shape or form. Miles had a sub-par year at best.

I can completely agree with you that SE probably couldn't find anybody better than Miles out there or he was concerned that firing him would cause a mass exodus of current players but the excuses of why he had a crappy record just doesn't fly with me.

Debatable. "good young talent" that dropped 13 of last 16 games.

Excuses, excuses, and more excuses. Iowa starts 3 freshman. Michigan St starts 3 freshman and lost there best player for a while.

Who was that football coach that said, "Well, I've got good news and I've got bad news. The good news is nearly our whole roster is back. The bad news is we were horrible last year"

So goes it for Nebraska basketball.

You have your list of excuses on auto repeat...but that doesn't answer the question. What h.s. kid can say yes to nu right now? And they appear to have a couple spots to fill.

Can we quit with the excuses of running out of gas, key injuries, showed toughness, etc... Every team in the nation could use those excuses in some way, shape or form. Miles had a sub-par year at best.

I can completely agree with you that SE probably couldn't find anybody better than Miles out there or he was concerned that firing him would cause a mass exodus of current players but the excuses of why he had a crappy record just doesn't fly with me.
Actually miles had a par year. 6-12 is exactly what he is.

Last edited:

Your contention that IF he has a bad year we are a further behind is kind of silly, because the reality is if he has a good year we are in a better place. You have absolutely no 'sure thing' coaches that you could suggest would actually come to the program, so your change could put us even further behind. Your change could put us 5 or 6 years behind. Your change could break up the core of a pretty good young team if we had several defections. Your suggestion is pointless and SE not deciding to go with it means he's probably done some preliminary work and doesn't see anyone who is guaranteed to be a better option going into next year.

I love this quote. 12-19, setting record for largest home loss and tying the record for losses in a season.

Oh, wait, I forgot: SOS, injuries, youth, referees, wrong flavor of gatorade... Am i forgetting anything?

Was all that easy enough to digest.

You have absolutely no 'sure thing' coaches that you could suggest would actually come to the program, so your change could put us even further behind. Your change could put us 5 or 6 years behind. Your change could break up the core of a pretty good young team if we had several defections. Your suggestion is pointless and SE not deciding to go with it means he's probably done some preliminary work and doesn't see anyone who is guaranteed to be a better option going into next year.

Thats not my job, somebody in North stadium is making a million per year to do that.

You have absolutely no 'sure thing' coaches that you could suggest would actually come to the program, so your change could put us even further behind. Your change could put us 5 or 6 years behind. Your change could break up the core of a pretty good young team if we had several defections. Your suggestion is pointless and SE not deciding to go with it means he's probably done some preliminary work and doesn't see anyone who is guaranteed to be a better option going into next year.

Thats not my job, somebody in North stadium is making a million per year to do that.

You have your list of excuses on auto repeat...but that doesn't answer the question. What h.s. kid can say yes to nu right now? And they appear to have a couple spots to fill.

We are going to soon find out. I can't imagine recruiting being easier now that he's on the hot seat.

Can we understand the reality of life and not suggest reasons amount to unfounded excuses? Did any of us expect the football team to play at a level with Fife as we did with TA? Did we assume the first year TA was going to be identical as he was as a junior or senior?

Stop the incesent whining, step into the real world.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back