• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked Jalin Barnett is 'N' : Nation's No. 1 OG

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm having a hard time linking it from my iPad, but it is on newsok.com.

During Barnett's rise, he picked up 12 scholarship offers, including Alabama, Arkansas, Oklahoma and OSU. During the summer, he narrowed his top two choices down to Arkansas and OU, but when he neared a decision recently they were no longer an option.

sorry, I can't post the link.

During Barnett's rise, he picked up 12 scholarship offers, including Alabama, Arkansas, Oklahoma and OSU. During the summer, he narrowed his top two choices down to Arkansas and OU, but when he neared a decision recently they were no longer an option.

See my previous post. That's where I had seen it as well

We were told that Frost had all but agreed to go to OU. The next thing we knew, OU was hiring ECU's OC.

Link?
I never said frost was going to ou, I said ou was interested in him, and they were. I just believe they realized they could not get him and moved on. Pretty simple.

Last edited:

FWIW, I read that as well but I am MORE than excited he is heading our way.

http://newsok.com/lawton-ol-jalin-barnett-names-top-two-of-oklahoma-state-nebraska/article/5379877

Thanks. It looks like Barnett said he waited too long and OU no longer had room. They have commits from 5 OL (3 guards and 2 tackles).

A far cry from backing off a player for getting dominated by in-state players. That just did not happen.

Last edited:
Thanks. It looks like Barnett said he waited too long and OU no longer had room. They have commits from 5 OL (3 guards and 2 tackles).

A far cry from backing off a player for getting dominated by in-state players. That just did not happen.
So, ou wasn't going to make room for a guard of his caliber, in state, none the less? Bull. He struggled mightily, especially against Tulsa Bixby in the playoffs. I think mostly, because he was playing tackle. No one is saying he isn't any good, but ou started to cool on him during the season. Who cares, it opened the door for NU.

Last edited:

"Speculation is Frost has all but agreed to go to OU , with Sonny Cumbie being the QB's coach."

http://forum.huskermax.com/vbbs/sho...-after-Frost&p=2151926&viewfull=1#post2151926
Just reading what was posted on land thieves.com about the possible addition of frost to thier staff. Keyword, speculation.

As as for Jalin Barnett, I wanna say I read about him on footballbrainiacs.com. Not a big deal, but ou did back off of him. I'm glad they did, it benefited NU.

Last edited:
No one is saying you claimed Frost was going to OU, only that you claimed Frost had all but agreed to go to OU.

Never said that either.

"Speculation is Frost has all but agreed to go to OU , with Sonny Cumbie being the QB's coach."

http://forum.huskermax.com/vbbs/showthread.php?70637-OU-to-go-after-Frost&p=2151926&viewfull=1#post2151926

Just reading what was posted on land thieves.com about the possible addition of frost to thier staff.

And that's fine, but you did say it.

Not everything you read on landtheives.com is going to be accurate. Heck, I see that website laughed at by Sooner fans.

I have no concerns about Barnett being the real deal. This all sort of reminds me about the concerns people had last year with DJ Foster. Questions about his drive or killer instinct...questions about how in shape he could get and stay....he looks like a future All-Conference player and IMPO Barnett has more natural tools than Foster, or any OL the Huskers have signed in quite a while.

I have no concerns about Barnett being the real deal. This all sort of reminds me about the concerns people had last year with DJ Foster. Questions about his drive or killer instinct...questions about how in shape he could get and stay....he looks like a future All-Conference player and IMPO Barnett has more natural tools than Foster, or any OL the Huskers have signed in quite a while.

I agree. I think it's mostly to do with him being a bit heavy, and playing tackle frequently, out of his true position.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back