• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked Jalin Barnett is 'N' : Nation's No. 1 OG

Status
Not open for further replies.
Have to think up something after you lose the #1 recruit in the state of Oklahoma after having your butt handed to you by Clemson 40-6 in your bowl game....I'd take it with a truck load of salt....

That rumor started after he got an offer from Nebraska and instantly took a visit to Lincoln... Id take that with a massive grain of salt. They offered him based on his skill his junior year but think that he got worse and all of a sudden isn't a good prospect? Me giggle at that...

Last edited:

That rumor started after he got an offer from Nebraska and instantly took a visit to Lincoln... Id take that with a massive grain of salt. They offered him based on his skill his junior year but think that he got worse and all of a sudden isn't a good prospect? Me giggle at that...

Worse is a strong word, but during one of the UA practices they did say his Sr. Year wasnt what they expected and he may have regressed in some areas. Still seems solid, I think s&c will fix those areas.

Worse is a strong word, but during one of the UA practices they did say his Sr. Year wasnt what they expected and he may have regressed in some areas. Still seems solid, I think s&c will fix those areas.

Hopefully the new S&C will be better than our last one.

I hear ya, but if that is accurate, be went from best guard in the country to tenth maybe? Not good enough? I heard reports he actually did really well at that all star game and he was "doing poorly" because the Nebraska decision was imminent. I'm not one to ring the bell that Nebraska gets hosed on the recruiting front but I do think uncommitted guys that are looking at Texas, Notre Dame, SEC schools, basically anyone with a large fan base this a lot of memberships, it's hard to say they got dominated by a guy getting ready to head north to play football and north isn't Ohio State...

Hopefully the new S&C will be better than our last one.

Mark Phillip has mentioned multiple times that our kids look uncomfortable getting in athletic positions with their lower body. My opinion, I take that to mean "tight". I hear that from a person on staff currently.

From another board:

"The white boy safety is going to go first round once I fix his hips". - Mark Phillip

I also heard he did well....I will see if I can find what I read again.....

And ESPN has been known to push certain schools when it comes to recruiting....and the other services do it too....I recall watching the Under Armour game a few years back where Aaron Taylor (ND alum) was bagging on other schools an openly suggest certain kids should look toward the Irish....so yeah it happens....

And yeah its about selling subscriptions.....

I have ranted about this for years as you know on this forum....referring to it as 'polotics'

I hear ya, but if that is accurate, be went from best guard in the country to tenth maybe? Not good enough? I heard reports he actually did really well at that all star game and he was "doing poorly" because the Nebraska decision was imminent. I'm not one to ring the bell that Nebraska gets hosed on the recruiting front but I do think uncommitted guys that are looking at Texas, Notre Dame, SEC schools, basically anyone with a large fan base this a lot of memberships, it's hard to say they got dominated by a guy getting ready to head north to play football and north isn't Ohio State...

Last edited:
Definitely an upgrade an S&C.....as we both know....

Mark Phillip has mentioned multiple times that our kids look uncomfortable getting in athletic positions with their lower body. My opinion, I take that to mean "tight". I hear that from a person on staff currently.

From another board:

"The white boy safety is going to go first round once I fix his hips". - Mark Phillip

From another board:

I'd believe it.

From another board:

This is what they look like when the play, especially O-line. Hopefully Phillip will be able to fix this.

To me, nowhere is that lack of flexibility more apparent than with our linebackers. I've been observing all season that Santos and Banderas both lack any "wiggle" at all.

I doubt it. Probably the same word that said Frost was about to be OU's new OC.

He visited OU in November with an offer in hand. That would have been near the end of his season.
No one said frost was going to ou. What was said is ou LIKED him a lot. As for this kid, it is a fact that ou cooled on him. As to why, I have no idea. It was reported before he became a nebraska commit. Don't shoot the messenger. I'm not saying the kid sucks at all.

Last edited:

No one said frost was going to ou. What was said is ou LIKED him a lot.

We were told that Frost had all but agreed to go to OU. The next thing we knew, OU was hiring ECU's OC.

As for this kid, it is a fact that ou cooled on him. As to why, I have no idea. It was reported before he became a nebraska commit. Don't shoot the messenger. I'm not saying the kid sucks at all.

Link?

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back