• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

IWCC Center Josh Wegener is N Walk-On

prob gonna redshirt this year, get fully healthy, learn, practice, train, then give us 2 excellent years... welcome mr wegener

Last edited:
I'm confused. I thought an academic scholarship counted the same as an athletic scholarship toward the total.

(There was another thread on this months ago)

Not until the player actually sees the field as i understand it. Then it converts, for lack of a better term. (if that happens in the first 2 years)

Last edited:

In his HUDL film he aggressively engages and locks on his target but in my limited view I didn't see much of him pulling. I suspect a pulling center is a preferred skill set in HCSF's offense.

Not until the player actually sees the field as i understand it. Then it converts, for lack of a better term. (if that happens in the first 2 years)

And to think, I chose not to walk on because I didn't want my academic schollie to count against the team. If I had only known ... SMH ...

Well, that and the fact that I had good speed for a lineman -- and the size of a DB.

Last edited:
I have been perusing all the articles on schollies numbers and such and have this question about Wegener. I understand a walkon playing and not being on a schollie (hence no financial support whatsoever) but Wegener is supposedly attending NU on an academic schollie (per an insider article on a pay site I read earlier today). So here is the question: Is it true that once a player on academic schollie actual plays a down (plays on Saturday, as how it has been stated in other threads) do they then automatically convert over to a athletic schollie? If so, what if the team is at the 85 max?

I have been perusing all the articles on schollies numbers and such and have this question about Wegener. I understand a walkon playing and not being on a schollie (hence no financial support whatsoever) but Wegener is supposedly attending NU on an academic schollie (per an insider article on a pay site I read earlier today). So here is the question: Is it true that once a player on academic schollie actual plays a down (plays on Saturday, as how it has been stated in other threads) do they then automatically convert over to a athletic schollie? If so, what if the team is at the 85 max?
Additional question: Does he get the 4-game grace period to preserve red-shirt status?

Yep, he could play in four games and still redshirt.
Yes, that an option, but don’t think the 4 game window has an affect how playing time changes a walk on with academic scholarship status. From my understanding any playing time would make a walk-on either drop his scholarship or be moved to scholarship category.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back