• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

It won't get any easier next year

I would expect improved play from a new staff year one. Might not look drastically better than this years W-L record, but I'm guessing the team will be better overall.
NU will not be 4-8 next year if it hires a competent coach. No way. Just changing the attitude alone will add wins, and that doesn't even factor in how much better many of these same players will look.

Last edited:

It is time to make a personal observation about the BIG. They have done us no favors since joining the conference and continually give us the toughest of schedules. I cannot prove they have done this on purpose, and I may just be grousing because we have done so poorly since joining the Conference. I just cannot shake this nagging feeling that the BIG was more interested in destroying Nebraska than helping Nebraska. I know this smacks of outlandish conspiracy theory, and I understand that. It is just a feeling that I cannot shake. I really feel sorry for whoever our new coach and staff are.

The Big does parity based scheduling, meaning the traditional better programs play each other more often.

Who cares. Even in loses a decent eye can see discipline, good coaching, and a team on the rise. I'll take a similar record in 2018 with a coaching staff with upside.

Agreed. I just want to watch a game and see something that tells me someone knows what is going on. I want to see some coaching on the sidelines.

The Big does parity based scheduling, meaning the traditional better programs play each other more often.
Dang too bad they have to throw that "traditional" word in there or we'd have a weak schedule for a long time. :Biggrin:

You never know which teams are going to take big steps backwards next year, let alone 2-4 years from now. We thought we were going to play a top 5 caliber Oregon team in 2016 a couple years before that and look what happened. With the right coaching staff, this team has the talent to compete. Just needs the right mindset.

I think that next year we will have a good "transition," which in combination with a more experienced team (few seniors contributing this year) should make things better right away. We've had 2 (out of 3) very bad transitions this century...hampering the commitment and buy in of players. Neither coach was able to overcome the situation...that won't be a problem for next year.

Darn. Now my hope for next year just fizzled away. :(

I kid! I can drink Kool-aid with the best of them. :Banana:

It's way too early to predict anything for next season, but the right coach will have us on the right track quickly.

We should beat Akron, Colorado and Troy. I count 7 wins on next year's schedule. providing we hire a decent coach.

It is time to make a personal observation about the BIG. They have done us no favors since joining the conference and continually give us the toughest of schedules. I cannot prove they have done this on purpose, and I may just be grousing because we have done so poorly since joining the Conference. I just cannot shake this nagging feeling that the BIG was more interested in destroying Nebraska than helping Nebraska. I know this smacks of outlandish conspiracy theory, and I understand that. It is just a feeling that I cannot shake. I really feel sorry for whoever our new coach and staff are.

This season wasn't that hard of a season.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back