• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

It seems very quiet

izzycohen

Hayseed
15 Year Member
With something like 21 verbals committed, I expected to be reading about more commitments in these closing days. Hasn't happened. It appears we have as many as 8 more scholarships available. Do some recruits sign without a verbal commit ahead of time?

Keep in mind there are two signing days (19 December & 6 Febuary) thus 21 or 22 will sign on 19 December. Expect to see one perhaps two announcements on signing day.

Bland because he is a JUCO recruit and does not have the credits to enroll in January can not sign until 6 February

I think its going to be uneventful for the most part which its so quiet except for a signing day surprise or two

I have read on a couple of recruiting sites that there should be a couple coming up yet this week. My hope is that Ty Robinson is one of them, and Noa Pola-Gates is the other, though he is going to commit but not announce until the Polynesian Bowl as I understand it.

believe the quiet period starts today.. & dead period begins tomorrow (thru 1/10/19) ;) (couldn't resist)

I'm hopeful many will be 'N & we will all be quite delighted with this class, in Frost I trust!

:Ironn:
GBR!!

Last edited:
I have read on a couple of recruiting sites that there should be a couple coming up yet this week. My hope is that Ty Robinson is one of them, and Noa Pola-Gates is the other, though he is going to commit but not announce until the Polynesian Bowl as I understand it.

Robinson will announce at his school on NSD at 12:45 PM CDT. I think we get him. Gates will sign this month however, will not announce in a public setting until the bowl game as you pointed out. Thus a "silent" signed commit

i must throw in my thoughts.

805e1b_651928.jpg

The early signing day is good but it will kill most of discussion topics. Before we had 6-7 weeks more to hash our recruits out. No more bagman, we cooled on someone, etc. Going to make the offseason even longer

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back