1. You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.
    Dismiss Notice

Is it possible Moos gives Riley another year?

Discussion in 'Football' started by Voice Of Reason, Nov 13, 2017 at 12:53 PM.

1. Voice Of Reason

Voice Of Reason Red Shirt 2 Year Member

Lot of speculation by a lot of writers and other people that Riley is gone at the end of the season. Trouble is none of those writers or bloggers have a rock solid reputation of being right all the time. I am not saying I want MR to be retained but I am saying it is a possibility.

If you remember Moos said when he got here the other places he was at were in much worse shape when he got there than Nebraska is now. If you look closely at his history you will see that he gave the WSU coach one more year before he hired Leach. Even thou he said WSU was in much worse shape than us. He has also said he wants to be given five years before he is judged.

I think we need to consider the possibility that he tells Riley to hire some new coordinators and he will give him a couple of years to turn things around. I would rather see us go get Frost now while the getting is good but I do realize it is not necessarily a done deal.

CrnhskrBob likes this.
  2. HuskerInTexas

HuskerInTexas Red Shirt 2 Year Member

3. alabamahusker

alabamahusker Scout Team 15 Year Member

It is certainly possible...I suppose.

It is also possible Lincoln appears on the World News shortly after that announcement............

4. Nebugeater

Nebugeater Scout Team 15 Year Member

That is now why he was hired.

5. The Nth Degree

The Nth Degree Red Shirt 10 Year Member

It certainly is a possibility... another possibility that could be nearly as "troubling" to some would be Moos hiring a new coach other than Frost.

I've learned that the only things that are certain in life are "change" and the uncertainty that goes along with it.

6. muskieboy

muskieboy Recruit 2 Year Member

Might be difficult when you’ve already offered the job to someone else...pure speculation of course, wink, wink

NorthTexasHusker likes this.
  7. huskernut

huskernut Heisman 5 Year Member

I thought that might be more of a possibility if Riley went 6-6 and Frost said no and we didn't like our other candidates. At a probably 4-8, though, I just don't see that.

8. HuskerInTexas

HuskerInTexas Red Shirt 2 Year Member

now THIS.. I can see being semi-plausible. I think we've obviously honed in on Frost as our #1. But what if, God forbid, he were to turn it down? If you're Moos, you can't really publicly come out and say that so we would have to move on to someone else in that situation. I could see it getting pretty ugly around here if we whiff on Frost and don't get a big name

9. huskerdan25

huskerdan25 Recruit 2 Year Member

When monkeys fly out.....oh nevermind!

Last edited: Nov 13, 2017 at 1:06 PM
  10. Big Red Shrine

Big Red Shrine Elite Poster 2 Year Member

If Frost weren't doing what he's doing right now, Moos could come in and say MR wasn't set up to succeed. But then you're waiting, what, another two years for results? I think both of our previous coaches would have been more successful with a guy like Moos at the helm, but too little too late.

Add Frost to the mix and I just don't see how he could do it.

11. solesrfr

solesrfr Junior Varsity 5 Year Member

No, MR was fired by proxy in September.

C

12. Discoverer27

Discoverer27 Red Shirt 2 Year Member

13. Bigger Ed

Bigger Ed Recruit

Only way I can see that happening is if ADBM can't come to terms with anyone on his list. But I think he already has.

14. huskrthill

huskrthill Crap 5 Year Member

If Moos keeps Riley for another year, we may need to open an investigation into the ongoing sabotage of the athletic department.

15. Ellis Boyd Redding

Ellis Boyd Redding Travel Squad 2 Year Member

The fan base would look something like this...

[​IMG]