• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Is Delaney out of his mind?

bilsker

Tom Osborne
15 Year Member
Suggests that maybe the big 10 just puts the "two best" teams in the title game. I know @Hville probably thinks this is a great idea. But who are these people Delaney is saying are talking more about this?

Suggests that maybe the big 10 just puts the "two best" teams in the title game. I know @Hville probably thinks this is a great idea. But who are these people Delaney is saying are talking more about this?

I’m not a fan of the idea either. Unbalanced schedules make this impossible and this season we would have just gotten OSU - Michigan again a week later. Lame.

OSU and Michigan have the only two votes to determine the two best teams. I can't imagine why that would present a problem. The other 12 teams in the B1G just serve at their pleasure.

If Texas gets in the B1G, they get a vote too.

Last edited:
If you do this why have divisions?
https://www.si.com/college-football/2018/12/06/jim-delany-big-ten-divisions-realignment-playoff

Big Ten Commissioner Jim Delany: Conference is Discussing Getting Rid of Divisions

ALAA ABDELDAIEM
December 06, 2018
After missing out on the College Football Playoff for the second year in a row, the Big Ten is discussing the possibility of doing away with the conference's East and West divisions, commissioner Jim Delany said on Wednesday.

Might be the only way the BIG can get a team in the playoffs. Two step process:

1) break up the Big 12 - take Texas and OU into the BIG
2) Eliminate divisions and eliminate round-robin schedules.

All driven by TV contracts...CFB will suck in 10 years.

Last edited:
https://www.si.com/college-football/2018/12/06/jim-delany-big-ten-divisions-realignment-playoff

Big Ten Commissioner Jim Delany: Conference is Discussing Getting Rid of Divisions

ALAA ABDELDAIEM
December 06, 2018
After missing out on the College Football Playoff for the second year in a row, the Big Ten is discussing the possibility of doing away with the conference's East and West divisions, commissioner Jim Delany said on Wednesday.
This would be unbelievably stupid.

This would be unbelievably stupid.
Yep.
Ohio State lost to Oklahoma last year and would have still made the playoffs if they hadn't gotten throttled by Iowa (the 3rd place team in the West).

All the conference has to do is have its champion not get smoked by a combined 60 points by mediocre teams from the other division the last two seasons.

Yep.
Ohio State lost to Oklahoma last year and would have still made the playoffs if they hadn't gotten throttled by Iowa (the 3rd place team in the West).

All the conference has to do is have its champion not get smoked by a combined 60 points by mediocre teams from the other division the last two seasons.
All Delaney cares about is money. Rutgers and maryland were added for money alone...they bring absolutely NOTHING to the conference. The 9 game thing, while i don't ont mind it and I dont think it is a huge disadvantage, is all about TV.

NW winning the west has people from Delaney to @Hville wetting the bed.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back