• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Iowa State

Sonny

Antediluvian Abrasiveness
20 Year Member
It's amazing to think that if Iowa State and Oklahoma both win out, the two teams will meet in the Big 12 Championship game.

ISU had an early season start that was similar to Nebraska's. Their first game was cancelled due to lightning. Like us, they also had Akron on their schedule. They started the season 1-3. And also like us, they've continued to improve as the season has gone on.

Since I can't watch Nebraska in a bowl or championship game, I've decided to adopt the Clones this season and I just reserved a room in Arlington on Dec. 1 for the B12CG.

GO CYCLONES! (I hope I didn't just jinx them)

Had Purdy been an early vs late arrival to campus they have at least one and maybe two more wins at this point.

Before Purdy
SDSU cancelled
Iowa L 13-3
Oklahoma L 37-27
Akron W 26-13
TCU L 17-14

After Purdy enters early in the OKST game
OKST W 48-42
WVU W 30-14
TTech W 40-31
Kansas W 27-3

Butler is a beast at WR and Montgomery is essentially Ozigbo. What's more impressive is after having those offenses on their schedule they are sitting at #20 in total defense and #46 in scoring defense, one of the best defenses in the Big12. They aren't beating people with recruiting star power. Butler 2* Montgomery 2* Purdy 3*, granted he got a late offer from Bama and was in Saban's living room but stuck with ISU.

Wouldn't West Virginia make the championship game if they win out?

Yes, Iowa State beat WVU -- but ISU has two conference losses and WVU has one.

As of today, I believe only Oklahoma and West Virginia control their own destinies.

Last edited:
Wouldn't West Virginia make the championship game if they win out?

Yes, which is why Iowa State would be in the Championship game if Oklahoma and Iowa State both win out (Oklahoma and West Virginia have yet to play each other). Iowa State wins the tie breaker with West Virginia.

If all 3 teams finish with 2 losses (i.e. Oklahoma beats West Virginia but loses to Okie State) then it comes down to some crazy tie breaker. In that scenario, Iowa State would probably be the lowest ranked team and would most likely be out.

Therefore.....BOOMER SOONER!

Last edited:
Will ISU, in typical fashion, stumble vs. Baylor, or are they the real deal? Stay tuned.

20181107_141327.jpg
Think they get this one...if they’re gonna lose Campbell, I’d like to see them make a run.

Here is to Iowa State losing out the rest of the Way. Here is to you having a piss poor day in Arlington.... :thumbsup:;)

Campbell is staying home. Once a Cyclone, always a Cyclone. Come see me at the Texas game. First one is on me.
I wouldn’t be surprised to see Campbell stay there. He’s got something going there. They are paying him and I’d expect to see him get yet another raise after this season. I don’t think he leaves for just any job. I think he might be from Ohio, so it’s possible Ohio State comes after him if something happens with Meyer.

I wouldn’t be surprised to see Campbell stay there. He’s got something going there. They are paying him and I’d expect to see him get yet another raise after this season. I don’t think he leaves for just any job. I think he might be from Ohio, so it’s possible Ohio State comes after him if something happens with Meyer.

My Ohio State friends in Columbus are very aware of Campbell and are watching ISU with great interest...of course none of them have a say in if Myers leaves or who replaces him. It is a pretty good indication to me that 1) Myers is done at OSU 2) OSU has Campbell high on their list of possible replacements.

My Ohio State friends in Columbus are very aware of Campbell and are watching ISU with great interest...of course none of them have a say in if Myers leaves or who replaces him. It is a pretty good indication to me that 1) Myers is done at OSU 2) OSU has Campbell high on their list of possible replacements.
I’m sure many people have their eye on him. Had NU not been able to get Frost, I’d have hoped they would have turned to him. Talk about a guy who is maximizing his talent, it would be him. Might take an Ohio State type of job for him to move. I don’t think he is moving just anywhere. I think he likes it there. And why not, he’s a God there. No pressure, and everyone loves you. Not to mention he’s very rich now and it’s probably a good place to raise a family.

I’m sure many people have their eye on him. Had NU not been able to get Frost, I’d have hoped they would have turned to him. Talk about a guy who is maximizing his talent, it would be him. Might take an Ohio State type of job for him to move. I don’t think he is moving just anywhere. I think he likes it there. And why not, he’s a God there. No pressure, and everyone loves you. Not to mention he’s very rich now and it’s probably a good place to raise a family.

Having lived in Columbus for 8 years I can truthfully say I don't think there is any amount of money that would get me to move back there...ok that is kind of ridiculous statement but yeah when you throw in the pressure of the job and the fan base it would take a lot of money for me to consider that job in that city.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back