• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Interesting thought

HUSKERINWYO

Recruit
10 Year Member
Over breakfast this morning I heard an interesting idea from a friend. Nebraska should look, if they decide on a coaching change, to get Jeremy Pruitt away from Alabama. I have been doing some thinking since I heard it and I really don't see a down side other than he doesn't have NU ties. He has a SUPERB defense and has the tutelage of Nick Saban which hopefully would bring discipline to DONU. Also he understands the importance of a dominant O-line and a power run game with a mobile QB. I am not trying to stir the pot but curious about thoughts.

Over breakfast this morning I heard an interesting idea from a friend. Nebraska should look, if they decide on a coaching change, to get Jeremy Pruitt away from Alabama. I have been doing some thinking since I heard it and I really don't see a down side other than he doesn't have NU ties. He has a SUPERB defense and has the tutelage of Nick Saban which hopefully would bring discipline to DONU. Also he understands the importance of a dominant O-line and a power run game with a mobile QB. I am not trying to stir the pot but curious about thoughts.
He would be one of the few coordinators I would consider. Definitely on my list.

Is he on the Moose's list? No idea.

The one thing that would worry me about Pruitt is he doesn't seem to have a ton of loyalty. I would worry he would leave at the first great offer

The one thing that would worry me about Pruitt is he doesn't seem to have a ton of loyalty. I would worry he would leave at the first great offer
True but I'm not sure we'd get anyone with a lot of loyalty anymore. Yes, even Scott Frost.

The other part of that equation is would the AD/Chancellor/Boosters be patient enough to reward any loyalty?

I'm going to he highly skeptical of anyone who hasn't been a head coach for any length of time--even if brief. But in the end, I'll trust Moos to pick someone he thinks will get the job done.

If he jettisons Riley. Which I think is already pretty high odds, barring a remarkable turnaround.

I'm going to he highly skeptical of anyone who hasn't been a head coach for any length of time--even if brief. But in the end, I'll trust Moos to pick someone he thinks will get the job done.

If he jettisons Riley. Which I think is already pretty high odds, barring a remarkable turnaround.
Bob stoops. Kirby smart. Dabo Sweeney. Just a few guys that were never a HC when hired. Far from a necessity

Bob stoops. Kirby smart. Dabo Sweeney. Just a few guys that were never a HC when hired. Far from a necessity

All of those guys were unknowns as how they'd end up as a HC and all would be deemed a calculated risk at the time they were hired.
We no longer have the luxury of risky hires. If this next one doesn't pan out we're 100% toxic.

I'd be shocked if Moos took a shot on a coordinator knowing the current state of the program.

Last edited:
No!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Rep as a complete a$$hat

I would agree based on some things he said to one of my guys and his parents on a recruiting visit. May be an outlier anecdote but it was enough to convince me he would not be at the top of my list. Of course, I am not making the decision.

Jeremey lives right down the street from me, I'll ask him.............:Hooray:

Yep would have been nice for NU to go after Kirby just to see if he would leave the SEC. That ship has sailed

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back