• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

In-state 4* ILB Nick Henrich unofficial on Monday, 6/18

I meant for you. :Biggrin:

dd0.gif

Sorry you missed the smiley at the end of the post.
I didn't miss anything. It was obvious you were trying to jab me. I don't recall you ever responding to me without trying to get a jab in.

Jay Novacek was asked to walk on. He wasn't some highly recruited guy out of HS he was a project who really blossomed in college. He had no power 5 offers. He was like 6"2" 180 coming out. He still wasn't all that big when he played for Dallas about 6"4 220. Think any number of walk-on TE at Nebraska that made his mark.

That is a complete contrast to someone like Phillips who was slow played or Fant who BP only wanted as a D-end for whatever reason. Not to mention Ott and Byzata who never got a look because the were from smaller schools. Other guys also had great careers, like Noah Keller who goes to Ohio and is a 4 year starter at LB watched him play in HS at Kearney and he was every bit as good as Bo Ruud coming out.

I will easily say that BP was a piss poor elevator of talent and he greatly undervalued the talent in Nebraska. I mean Noah Fant is a preseason AA this year and will be a high draft choice when he comes out. But in BP's eyes he wasn't a TE. Riley tried to get back in on him late, but no chance at that point. Phillips was the PAC 12 defensive player of the year last year, but we want to wait and see him play his senior year. How many guys came out of the Metro and went to Iowa under BP's watch and played pretty well there?

The talent drain in Nebraska started under Callahan and got worse under BP.

I might be wrong on this, but wasn't Fant a class of 16 guy? Pelini was fired at the end of 14. Giving Riley all of 15 to recruit Fant. I think it was Riley who wanted him as a DE.

I really don’t care, just found the absolute that no Nebraska kid ever considered going elsewhere a bit amusing.
I know, lol. It even happened to Devaney. Gale Sayers says hi. Larry Station wants to know why HuskerHeathan doesn't remember him?

I might be wrong on this, but wasn't Fant a class of 16 guy? Pelini was fired at the end of 14. Giving Riley all of 15 to recruit Fant. I think it was Riley who wanted him as a DE.

2016 enrollment.

C

2016 enrollment.

C

Right. Which means 2015 was at the end of his Jr. year, beginning of his Sr. year. 2016, end of his Sr. year, and subsequent enrollment at Iowa.

Doesn't that really make him a Riley recruit for 1+ year?

Right. Which means 2015 was at the end of his Jr. year, beginning of his Sr. year. 2016, end of his Sr. year, and subsequent enrollment at Iowa.

Doesn't that really make him a Riley recruit for 1+ year?

Sounds about right. Two staffs missed on him.

C

Sounds about right. Two staffs missed on him.

C

Maybe, though I'm not positive that Pelini would have spent a significant amount of time on Fant based on the timing of things, and I'm fairly certain it was Riley who 'insisted' on the DE thing, not Bo. Even if that was Bo's position, Riley didn't come in at the last minute, and had ample opportunity to recruit Fant as a TE. He didn't, at least until the last minute.

Maybe, though I'm not positive that Pelini would have spent a significant amount of time on Fant based on the timing of things, and I'm fairly certain it was Riley who 'insisted' on the DE thing, not Bo. Even if that was Bo's position, Riley didn't come in at the last minute, and had ample opportunity to recruit Fant as a TE. He didn't, at least until the last minute.

Okay. I don't care about Fant, Bo, or MR, I was just confirming 2016 for you.

C

I believe Fant's lead recruiter was Hank Hughes. Hard to believe we lost out on him.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back