• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

In-state 4* ILB Nick Henrich unofficial on Monday, 6/18

No, not at all. He and Hannah will both have every opportunity to play immediately. Nebraska will probably have Honas and Barry starting in 2019, but what's behind them? Other than Avery Roberts - who has been called out publicly by Ruud - is the only scholarship ILB slated to be on the roster outside of whoever the staff brings in with this class.
Will he be big enough to me he just doesn't look like he can handle getting leaned on by the big uglies?

He has time to grow more into his frame. If he enrolls early, he will have even more time in the S&C program.

That's why I was wondering if he would redshirt right away I am sure not questioning his skill or ability he just doesn't look like a prototypical middle backer. But what do I know.

Will he be big enough to me he just doesn't look like he can handle getting leaned on by the big uglies?

He'll definitely need to gain at least 25 pounds eventually to be effective as a full-time starter down the road. But by the time he gets on campus and has a few months with Duval, he'll be ready to be the 3rd, 4th or 5th guy if his play in camp warrants it. They won't need him to start and play 60 snaps a game in 2019. Honas and Barry will do the heavy lifting, ideally, while Roberts, Henrich and Hannah share some backup reps and get special teams time.

That's why I was wondering if he would redshirt right away I am sure not questioning his skill or ability he just doesn't look like a prototypical middle backer. But what do I know.
Since he won't be first string, he will be fine and have time to get bigger.

He'll definitely need to gain at least 25 pounds eventually to be effective as a full-time starter down the road. But by the time he gets on campus and has a few months with Duval, he'll be ready to be the 3rd, 4th or 5th guy if his play in camp warrants it. They won't need him to start and play 60 snaps a game in 2019. Honas and Barry will do the heavy lifting, ideally, while Roberts, Henrich and Hannah share some backup reps and get special teams time.
And here is the more detailed answer. :nod:

I wouldn't mind them going after a JUCO ILB. Especially with Avery Roberts in limbo.

I wouldn't mind them going after a JUCO ILB. Especially with Avery Roberts in limbo.

Yeah I agree. I don't think they're done going after Lakia Henry. I'm surprised they haven't gone after Jashua Allen, who is a really, really good looking kid at Arizona Western. Maybe they have behind the scenes?

Jacob Weinmaster is a good option as a backup as well. He's got good instincts if not the speed.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back