• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

In-state 4* ILB Nick Henrich unofficial on Monday, 6/18

Yup my question exactly

That is interesting the Wisconsin guys staying mum. Perhaps he does not talk to them

I just am shocked there's 10 experts, and only one has him going to Wisky who is a Minnesota insider. How would he know and a Nebraska or Wisky guy not? It is interesting no Wisconsin insider has picked him to go to Nebraska or Wisky yet.

If you go into Henrich's profile it has Goblirsch being 472/613. That stat you posted may be for his 2019 stuff? Still pretty dumb that you can flip as much as you want. I get things are fluid but basically gives you til' zero hour to make yourself right.

https://247sports.com/PlayerInstitution/Nick-Henrich-at-Burke-189946/CurrentExpertPredictions/

Yeah they are just this class. Stats are definitely skewed because most people flip within 48 hours of a kid announcing when they catch word of where he's going. You see a TON of this on the day of the Army Game and Under Armour Game. I remember specifically with Jamire Calvin a few years ago. His CB's all flipped and people put theirs in for him to Oregon State just prior to the Army game starting.

Agree unless a Wilting or Loy flip not to concerned. Makes you wonder how a guy who covers MN day to day would be privey to information on Henrich to make a pick like this? Always curious when I see that happen

To be fair, Minnesota is one of his top schools, at least they were at one point He's visited there and I'd suspect this guy has had plenty of conversations with him and people in his circle, just like guys like Schaefer do for Nebraska. I'm the opposite, when I see a guy who covers a school that a prospect considering put in a CB - especially a school outside of the one he covers - I pay attention.

To be fair, Minnesota is one of his top schools, at least they were at one point He's visited there and I'd suspect this guy has had plenty of conversations with him and people in his circle, just like guys like Schaefer do for Nebraska. I'm the opposite, when I see a guy who covers a school that a prospect considering put in a CB - especially a school outside of the one he covers - I pay attention.

Understand what your saying

A new Crystal Ball in today by a Notre Dame guy (Kevin Sinclair with 90% accuracy) but it's hidden.

The total now stands at 11 total CBs.

9 Nebraska
1 Wisconsin
1 Notre Dame

What I don't remember is what the distribution of CBs was prior to Sinclair's prediction. I know he already had one for WI, so I don't know if the new prediction is for Nebraska or ND. Did Nick already have one CB for ND???

I'm sure one of you knows. Please share.

Last edited:
A new Crystal Ball in today by a Notre Dame guy (Kevin Sinclair with 90% accuracy) but it's hidden.

9 Nebraska
1 Wisconsin
1 Notre Dame

What I don't remember is what the distribution of CBs was prior to Sinclair's prediction. So I don't know if he predicted Nebraska or ND. Did Nick already have one CB for ND???

Schaefer was on 1620 on Friday and discussed the guy's pick for Wisconsin. Schaefer talked to the guy who put in the WI pick, who said he had "a well placed source." Schaefer went on to say that he was confident Nebraska would win out in the end. Also said that Wiltfong put in his Nebraska pick after talking to Henrich's father. Who knows who the Minnesota guy's source is, but I can't believe it would be better than the players father. Like RR is saying, until Wiltfong flips his pick, probably not much to get worried about.

9 Nebraska
1 Wisconsin
1 Notre Dame

What I don't remember is what the distribution of CBs was prior to Sinclair's prediction. I know he already had one for WI, so I don't know if the new prediction is for Nebraska or ND. Did Nick already have one CB for ND???

It appears there was already one of each notre dame and wisky, so he may have voted Nebraska.

Schaefer was on 1620 on Friday and discussed the guy's pick for Wisconsin. Schaefer talked to the guy who put in the WI pick, who said he had "a well placed source." Schaefer went on to say that he was confident Nebraska would win out in the end. Also said that Wiltfong put in his Nebraska pick after talking to Henrich's father. Who knows who the Minnesota guy's source is, but I can't believe it would be better than the players father. Like RR is saying, until Wiltfong flips his pick, probably not much to get worried about.

Yup appears for now to be all Huskers and I have heard nothing to change that.

Since dad told Wilfong that is pretty solid to me.

What is the incentive to tell any of these reporters anything?

I am going to call up Wilfong in 7 years and let him know my son chose Stanford over Harvard and show him some sweet quizbowl tapes.

Last edited:
I think a decision will be coming soon (in the next week or two). Hopefully the Crystal Ball consensus proves to be accurate, as Henrich would be a huge pick-up for the 2019 class.

So quick question, would he be an automatic candidate to Redshirt? sorry if this was asked already. Assuming he comes here of course.

So quick question, would he be an automatic candidate to Redshirt? sorry if this was asked already. Assuming he comes here of course.

No, not at all. He and Hannah will both have every opportunity to play immediately. Nebraska will probably have Honas and Barry starting in 2019, but what's behind them? Other than Avery Roberts - who has been called out publicly by Ruud - is the only scholarship ILB slated to be on the roster outside of whoever the staff brings in with this class.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back