• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

In other news, Adrian Martinez is up to 217 lbs

There's a phrase I hoped NEVER to see in my lifetime as a Husker fan! :(
Not a comment on current state of the program so much as what happens to Nebraska vs Iowa State when we have a true freshman QB starting (think 1993).

Frost was indeed a beast. Not sure he still couldn't play for college football.

If he's willing to do the work, and with knowledge that he's going to have to earn a spot like everyone else, I think he could see the field occasionally.

By now, at least he should have the offensive scheme down...:Woohoo2:

Not a knock on Martinez, but Frost and Jackson were freakishly strong athletes coming out of high school. I don't think he's going to touch their kind of strength in four years with the program. When it's all said and done he may well be a great player and a freak in the size, speed combination arena that we'll be comparing others to for years. Wouldn't that be nice...
Agree, wasn't even comparing his strength as much as speed and size. Bo was/is a special freak of nature. If he could have stayed healthy there is no telling what he would have achieved....

If he's willing to do the work, and with knowledge that he's going to have to earn a spot like everyone else, I think he could see the field occasionally.

By now, at least he should have the offensive scheme down...:Woohoo2:
And if he can day-trip 23 miles to the bottom of the Grand Canyon and back, I'd think he's in pretty decent shape.

Last edited:

We were on pledge sneak that weekend in ‘92. We were pretty much out of touch all day Saturday. One of the brothers was listening to AM radio in front of the van, and thought they heard that NU got beat by ISU.

Naaaaahhh, couldn’t be.

We ended up checking into a hotel that night, and caught sports center, and that confirmed our fears.

“LIONEL!”

We were on pledge sneak that weekend in ‘92. We were pretty much out of touch all day Saturday. One of the brothers was listening to AM radio in front of the van, and thought they heard that NU got beat by ISU.

Naaaaahhh, couldn’t be.

We ended up checking into a hotel that night, and caught sports center, and that confirmed our fears.

“LIONEL!”

I was there. Marv Freaking Seiler

Emotionally flattest NU team I had ever seen. They assumed they would win and were going through the motions. I believe Devaney had proclaimed them the greatest NU team in history earlier that week.

My next NU at ISU game? 2002

I was there. Marv Freaking Seiler

Emotionally flattest NU team I had ever seen. They assumed they would win and were going through the motions. I believe Devaney had proclaimed them the greatest NU team in history earlier that week.

My next NU at ISU game? 2002

I was having Marv Seiler flashbacks when Clayton Thorson ran all over NU a few years back.

Couldn't agree more w/ much of what has been posted here.

New redshirt rules put Martinez and NU in a favorable spot for him to get some playing time or starts. If TG does come out ahead in this QB race, it will be very interesting to see how & when HCSF picks his spots to use AM.
If AM doesn't start and there is ANY thoughts of redshirting him (I don't think there would be) then he needs to burn up his first 4 elgible games right away. The worst case scenario is we "save" them for use in B1G games only to now have TG go down and an inexperienced AM filling in. I don't understand the rush to sit AM out for a year. Get him experience now so he is ready for 2019-2021. 2022 will have plenty of options by then.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back