• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

In other news, Adrian Martinez is up to 217 lbs

I don't have a preference. I'm confident the coaches will pick the best guy. But I do have guesses on who it will be. Prior to the spring game, I thought it would be TG. After the spring game, I gave AM a slight edge. But if he's up to 217 with his smooth as silk stride, I have to believe he's a pretty heavy favorite now.

I see what you did there!

Is the narrative on this board still that Gebbia will be named the starter? It isn’t like Gebbia got a head start on the playbook. Gebbia said he’ll stay with N no matter what, I wonder how true that is. I know some posters were impressed with Bunch, but I believe that Martinez and Gebbia are a notch above him.

would be a fun poll question but it is a hard one to frame
Which QB do you want to start next year?
Which QB do you think will start next year?
Which QB do you want-to/think-will start game 1?
Which QB do you want-to/think-will start the most games for DONU next year?

pretty much any way you ask it, you'll have those who want to stipulate something

If he could maintain that size and speed, he would be Bo Jackson playing QB...………. :Drool:
AKA Scott Frost

Not a knock on Martinez, but Frost and Jackson were freakishly strong athletes coming out of high school. I don't think he's going to touch their kind of strength in four years with the program. When it's all said and done he may well be a great player and a freak in the size, speed combination arena that we'll be comparing others to for years. Wouldn't that be nice...

Superman wears Chuck Norris pajamas. Chuck Norris wears Adrian Martinez pajamas.

Not a knock on Martinez, but Frost and Jackson were freakishly strong athletes coming out of high school. I don't think he's going to touch their kind of strength in four years with the program. When it's all said and done he may well be a great player and a freak in the size, speed combination arena that we'll be comparing others to for years. Wouldn't that be nice...

All true. Martinez may have Frost on throwing motion. If he is half as tough as Scott was, we'll have a winner in town. :Banana:

I am with and will support whoever wins it. I could see TG winning it because he is such a tape monster. I could also see AM winning it because he is such an athlete.

This has to be the best QB situation in Lincoln for a while. I agree they both have upsides. I also still think they will both play this year. Based on how QBs have fared at tOSU, it seems likely that a QB misses a game or two with injury.

would be a fun poll question but it is a hard one to frame
Which QB do you want to start next year?
Which QB do you think will start next year?
Which QB do you want-to/think-will start game 1?
Which QB do you want-to/think-will start the most games for DONU next year?

pretty much any way you ask it, you'll have those who want to stipulate something
Already been done like 3 times.
Just to be clear. I was not saying AM will be as strong as SF. I was saying that SF was Bo Jackson playing QB.

This has to be the best QB situation in Lincoln for a while. I agree they both have upsides. I also still think they will both play this year. Based on how QBs have fared at tOSU, it seems likely that a QB misses a game or two with injury.
Maybe the best situation heading into a season since Cody Green and Taylor Martinez. If Adrian Martinez can get durable, then I think he'll start (I had initially thought that he might RS because of shoulder injury and just being a true freshman). The thing I wondered about from the Spring Game was whether the moves that looked so smooth with no contact would keep coming if he got lit up a few times. I'm glad we aren't playing Iowa State this year if we are going to start a freshman QB.

i hadn't thought of that until you said it, but it is true, I felt pretty good about the Cody Green / T-Magic combo that we had for a couple years there, but this seems better than that.

[edit] whoah - did not see @HuSkaBob's post before i replied. fun to remember the excitement of the Martinez/green years

Last edited:
I know it was tongue in cheek and I love SF, but Bo Jackson was the best athlete in any sport at any position that I ever witnessed...until the hip.
No question. I just watched an episode of "The Family Guy" lat night. Peter and Quagmire were paying tecmo bowl. Quagmire was mad because Peter got " Bo Jackson". LOL I used to do the same thing. I would either pick 83 NE or Ithink it was 84 Auburn that had Bo. Either one you could not lose.

Couldn't agree more w/ much of what has been posted here.

New redshirt rules put Martinez and NU in a favorable spot for him to get some playing time or starts. If TG does come out ahead in this QB race, it will be very interesting to see how & when HCSF picks his spots to use AM.

Brian Scalabrine
giphy.gif

he was such an entertaining bull, never got a meaningful minute to my memory, but every time he came in the crowd was going wild for him to score.

It was like that 1 game for the non-competitive high school team where they let the manager play the last 2 minutes, only a number of times throughout the season

Last edited:

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back