• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Immediate Impact

AA_NUROCKET.gif

Martinez has the skills for SF's offense and he will have as much time to learn the offense as any of the other QBs. Also, we don't have a returning starter, so nobody has that advantage over Martinez. POB has some playing experience, but nothing significant.

Troy Walters wants an offense that puts stress on defenses. Trey Bryant and Wilbon will see lots of playing time, but I think Maurice Washington sounds like the RB that can produce the most stress. I think Martinez will be the QB that can produce the most stress.
Yep Wilbon has really "Stressed" out opponents. Dude has been one of the biggest disappointment of the last 3-4 years.

Yep Wilbon has really "Stressed" out opponents. Dude has been one of the biggest disappointment of the last 3-4 years.

But when speaking of POBs poor rushing stats for 2017 you said

"You mean his 14 carries behind an acknowledged sub par line when he was running for his life?"

NU was at the bottom of the Big 10 in rushing last year. Perhaps the sub-par O-line had more to do with it than the RBs.

Wilbon has good hands and good quickness. He is small and defenses can lose track of him. I think he has much more potential in SF's offense than in Riley's.

Last edited:
But when speaking of POBs poor rushing stats for 2017 you said

"You mean his 14 carries behind an acknowledged sub par line when he was running for his life?"

NU was at the bottom of the Big 10 in rushing last year. Perhaps the sub-par O-line had more to do with it than the RBs.

Wilbon has good hands and good quickness. He is small and defenses can lose track of him. I think he has much more potential in SF's offense than in Riley's.
May be true but he also had very few yards after contact. He goes down in a good gust of wind.

May be true but he also had very few yards after contact. He goes down in a good gust of wind.

UCF's top two RBs averaged 7 yards per carry and both of them (Otis Anderson and Adrian Killins) only weighed 165 lbs.

Believe me, neither of them relied on yards after contact.

Also, keep in mind that the last regime did not preach toughness. This coaching staff will preach toughness every day.

"At the 1:25 pint of this video, when asked what he expects of is 2018 team, HCSF said, "There were things around here that were not necessarily done the Nebraska way - We need to be strong, we need to be physical, and we need to be tough"

HCMR's teams were mentally and physically soft...and SF knows it. I expect all of the Husker players to develop more strength, physicality, and mental toughness, to include Mikel Wilbon.

:Koolaid2:

Last edited:

I think a lot of this class will contribute early. The only "sure" redshirts i see are Farniok, Canty, Alston and Rogers. I think the staff will redshirt two of the freshmen receivers, just because they probably want to space out the class a bit. Including McQuitty, they're looking at five freshmen, they don't want that sort of eventual attrition from one position group down the road, I wouldn't think.

I think Martinez, Bell, Washington, Honas, Deontai Williams, Cam'ron Jones, Dominick Watt, Jaron Woodyard, Miles Jones, CJ Smith, Tannor and Mike Williams all see playing time and push for starting spots or involvement in key packages.

Thanks for the info.

UCF's top two RBs averaged 7 yards per carry and both of them (Otis Anderson and Adrian Killins) only weighed 165 lbs.

Believe me, neither of them relied on yards after contact.

Also, keep in mind that the last regime did not preach toughness. This coaching staff will preach toughness every day.

"At the 1:25 pint of this video, when asked what he expects of is 2018 team, HCSF said, "There were things around here that were not necessarily done the Nebraska way - We need to be strong, we need to be physical, and we need to be tough"

HCMR's teams were mentally and physically soft...and SF knows it. I expect all of the Husker players to develop more strength, physicality, and mental toughness, to include Mikel Wilbon.

:Koolaid2:

What does their weight have to do with YAC? It is very often whether or not a player takes a hit straight on or whether they move in such way that a defender rarely gets a clean shot at them. I know they do not have this kind of thing in tennis. So maybe it is beyond your understanding. Darren Sproles is 5'6" he now after like 15 years in the NFL weighs 190. In college he was probably around 170. Very few people hit him straight on. He gets plenty of yards after contact.

What does their weight have to do with YAC? It is very often whether or not a player takes a hit straight on or whether they move in such way that a defender rarely gets a clean shot at them. I know they do not have this kind of thing in tennis. So maybe it is beyond your understanding. Darren Sproles is 5'6" he now after like 15 years in the NFL weighs 190. In college he was probably around 170. Very few people hit him straight on. He gets plenty of yards after contact.

In 2017 UCF RB Otis Anderson averaged 7.2 YPC and Adrian Killins averaged 6.5. Both weighed in at 165. I'll bet you can't tell us how many of their yards were earned after contact. Can you ?

But you have spoken. Wilbon is a RB unable to earn yards after contact. But is that really important if you can make 6.5 yards before contact in SF's offense?

Anyway, you like POB as a runner. Do you think he's a good yards after contact guy?

2017-11-11-Minnesota-Gophers-vs-Nebraska-Cornhuskers-MB-06.jpg

6_7841275.jpg

Last edited:
In 2017 UCF RB Otis Anderson averaged 7.2 YPC and Adrian Killins averaged 6.5. Both weighed in at 165. I'll bet you can't tell us how many of their yards were earned after contact. Can you ?

But you have spoken. Wilbon is a RB unable to earn yards after contact. But is that really important if you can make 6.5 yards before contact in SF's offense?

Anyway, you like POB as a runner. Do you think he's a good yards after contact guy?

6_7841275.jpg
Nope but I can tell you that Wilbon had almost 0. Mainly because I watched every NE game the last couple years.

BTW Nowhere have I said I like POB as a runner. What I have said is based on his time playing in a similar offense that he racked up some yards running. My issue was people were dismissing him based on the fact that Gebbia had a few nice runs in a spring game. Keep trying to tell your lies though. You are good at it.

For the record both of those were sacks. Which although counting as running plays are not the same thing.

6_7841275.jpg

Can you stop polluting every thread with this BS? Man, the football board is horrible right now.

Nope but I can tell you that Wilbon had almost 0. Mainly because I watched every NE game the last couple years.

BTW Nowhere have I said I like POB as a runner. What I have said is based on his time playing in a similar offense that he racked up some yards running. My issue was people were dismissing him based on the fact that Gebbia had a few nice runs in a spring game. Keep trying to tell your lies though. You are good at it.

For the record both of those were sacks. Which although counting as running plays are not the same thing.

Best RBs will play. Maybe Maurice Washington will become our Johnathan Taylor.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back