• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

I'm sure it's already been said, but

I'm just talking about the overall results. Martinez makes so many personal mistakes when games are tight it just becomes an impediment. Mickey Joseph was an impressive option QB. Put him in a big game he looked mediocre. Hell, Solich couldn't even talk during big games because of some anxiety issue. Some people perform flawlessly under pressure, others do not. So far Martinez has fallen short every time. It's become a trend.

Your observation is noted. So far Martinez is receiving accolades and awards. But after 9 games nobody can say that he has ever come through at crunch time or in the clutch, or that he has single handedly pulled a game out of the fire with great heroics.

If AM stays through his junior season he'll have about 30 more games to prove himself a champion. But keep in mind, to win championships AM will need a very capable supporting cast.

9 down and 30 to go.

We shall see

Note: Regardless of how many championships he wins, AM is an exceptional talent. It's fun to watch him play, and I very am glad he is our QB, and not Iowa's.

Last edited:

Crab is backpedaling. But the bigotry is out there plain to see and he never should have gone there.

/back to the thread

I'm not so sure Speilman didn't try to catch that pass, his hips were committed on a line straying toward the sideline and the throw was just far enough inside he couldn't break stride in time. It's harder than it looks to get back on line to the ball sometimes. I don't fault either player in that drive, because the offense was hot.

I'm just talking about the overall results. Martinez makes so many personal mistakes when games are tight it just becomes an impediment. Mickey Joseph was an impressive option QB. Put him in a big game he looked mediocre. Hell, Solich couldn't even talk during big games because of some anxiety issue. Some people perform flawlessly under pressure, others do not. So far Martinez has fallen short every time. It's become a trend.

Wrong again. I’m just trying to explain this realm of reality to you. You just don’t seem to exist in the same plane with the rest of us.

Yes, back on topic where you are wrong as well. Your batting average is way below the Mendoza line. You really should quit while you’re behind.

Yes, back on topic where you are wrong as well. Your batting average is way below the Mendoza line. You really should quit while you’re behind.

Oh great, now you brought Hispanics into it! ;)

Football is a team sport and any success or failures that this team has had this year has been as a group. It's nearly impossible to single somebody out to say "he won this game for us" or "he lost this game for us". Adrian Martinez is playing well enough to win football games and he's just a freshman. I guess I don't see how he's "not clutch" or however you want to spin it.

Last edited:
Yes, my post was meant to be pure silliness, just like the anointing of a 2-7 Husker player at any position as being the next Huskers great. Milton obviously was a couple starts away from being responsible for some of UCF losses his freshman year, the same as Martinez isn't blamed for Troy State. A dozen points would have drastically improved Milton's record, just was not truly undefeated in games he started and finished. But no doubt he did it with a crew that hadn't seen a win under the QB he superseded.

I'm more concerned with Martinez as a leader. A future winner usually pulls out a win early on in their career. So far all heartbreaking and no upsetting. Guys like Martinez are fun to watch, but I'm looking for game wins not moral victories. Jamal Lord blew away Crouch's records, and in the end "me-ball" sunk the team. Martinez is like Lord crushing the stats at the expense of game wins. Martinez is not the guy getting us to an undefeated season. Ohio State literally tried to feed him an upset situation, but he stubbornly refused to take the opportunity. The greats never seem to look gift horses in the mouth like that.

Don't be, his teammates and coaches aren't.

https://journalstar.com/sports/husk...36577f77-c473-598d-b573-4048962c84bf.amp.html

“He’s somebody that you can feel the positive off of him. You can feel the competitive edge and he’s going to push us,” Foster said. “Being a senior, an old guy, having a freshman kind of pushing us forward, it’s wild.”

“It definitely has expanded more as he’s gaining confidence, not only in himself, but in us as we have proved that we can protect him, as we have proved we can open up holes for him to run through,” senior center Tanner Farmer said. “He has been great with encouragement. Sometimes I have a bad snap and I don’t feel very good about those bad snaps, but he’s right there and encouraging me and lifting me up, even though I’m almost five years his senior.

“He’s a leader for me and we’re able to lead each other and help lead each other through these hard times.”

“He’s always been a very mature guy even when he first came here, but he’s definitely grown as a leader,” senior running back Devine Ozigbo said. “He’s more vocal. He’s down to talk to people one-on-one. He does all the little things that as a quarterback you’d want him to do.”

Erik Chinander drew on the rookie quarterback’s words.

“I heard bits and pieces of Adrian’s postgame press conference, and I’m with him. Losing is never acceptable," he said before expanding into more general thoughts.

C

Crab is backpedaling. But the bigotry is out there plain to see and he never should have gone there.

/back to the thread

I'm not so sure Speilman didn't try to catch that pass, his hips were committed on a line straying toward the sideline and the throw was just far enough inside he couldn't break stride in time. It's harder than it looks to get back on line to the ball sometimes. I don't fault either player in that drive, because the offense was hot.

Me reading that a freshman QB makes mistakes

Last edited:
Oh great, now you brought Hispanics into it! ;)

Football is a team sport and any success or failures that this team has had this year has been as a group. It's nearly impossible to single somebody out to say "he won this game for us" or "he lost this game for us". Adrian Martinez is playing well enough to win football games and he's just a freshman. I guess I don't see how he's "not clutch" or however you want to spin it.

If that is brought up by Rata loca, I wouldn’t be surprised.

On Martinez, you’re right. He’s made mistakes like the other members of his team have. He’s the best option at the position on the roster. End of conversation.

He’s the best option at the position on the roster. End of conversation.
Absolutely. Just think, even with his mistakes that he has made, they were that close to not being mistakes, and once he shores up even a fraction of his oops moments, Nebraska is going to be a very hard out in the B1G.

If that is brought up by Rata loca, I wouldn’t be surprised.

Despite how absurd it is, I couldn't stop myself from saying it.

mendoza.jpeg

How could you hate on this poor soul?

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back