• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

If we win six games this year

Incorrect. We don't push or hit the over on this bet and Riley as well as Eichorst is gone. Agree on the expectation tho.
I will put down $100 right now that if we go 6 or less wins Riley is back. I sit back and watch you and others that seem to know things (which I enjoy reading by the way), and I will admit I know nothing but I see the comments on how much of a train wreck Riley inherited, roster mismanagement, I see the comments on how the recruiting is getting better but the players are/will be young. I really believe deep down that Riley has a free pass this year, provided the losses are not blowouts. I also see the comments on the coaching staff especially Cav, and I could see a different o-line coach, but I just don't get the feeling the Regents want Riley gone even with a bad year.

I will put down $100 right now that if we go 6 or less wins Riley is back. I sit back and watch you and others that seem to know things (which I enjoy reading by the way), and I will admit I know nothing but I see the comments on how much of a train wreck Riley inherited, roster mismanagement, I see the comments on how the recruiting is getting better but the players are/will be young. I really believe deep down that Riley has a free pass this year, provided the losses are not blowouts. I also see the comments on the coaching staff especially Cav, and I could see a different o-line coach, but I just don't get the feeling the Regents want Riley gone even with a bad year.
Regents were higher on Bill Callahan after year 3 and a conference title game than they are on Mike Riley right now, and Callahan got donations pulled mid-year 4 unless he was let go.

Can't take your bet because if we only win 5 games I will be slitting my wrists anyway and won't be able to pay you.

Last edited:
Regents were higher on Bill Callahan after year 3 and a conference title game than they are on Mike Riley right now, and Callahan got donations pulled mid-year 4 unless he was let go.

Can't take your bet because if we only win 5 games I will be slitting my wrists anyway and won't be able to pay you.

That's alright, wouldn't be around myself to collect. Hopefully we won't have to worry.

Kind of a "Debbie Downer" thread, but expectations outside of the program DO seem rather glum.

I would think that absent an absolute implosion Riley gets another year. Hopefully, we see drastic offensive line improvement and that our defense takes to the new scheme like they were born with it. I don't want to experience the melt down around here if we don't get 8+ wins.

Kind of a "Debbie Downer" thread, but expectations outside of the program DO seem rather glum.

I would think that absent an absolute implosion Riley gets another year. Hopefully, we see drastic offensive line improvement and that our defense takes to the new scheme like they were born with it. I don't want to experience the melt down around here if we don't get 8+ wins.

Especially since most have since raised the O/U to 7 or 7.5. The OP and many others have no interest in what would happen with a winning season, though; thus, the thread.

Riley sticks around with a losing season but we get a new O-Line coach and a new RB coach.

9-3 seems most likely. I wonder what's driving Vegas' 6-6 prediction. Those guys usually know their stuff, but there's a variation within that. Eugene is a tough place to play, but coming off a 4-8 season, and having a brand new coach in his second game, I think NU wins. I think we drop games to UW, OSU, and PSU. But we finish on a high not with beating Iowa.

If we win 6 games this year I'll be saying heck let's play the other six and see if we can make it 12-0!

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back