• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

If we win nine games this year

HAHAHAHA!!!!! Funny. I have to assume you read what I actually posted. I never stated that we were a pass heavy team in the past. I did say, however, if we started to win and win a lot with a passing game, or even a balanced attack, would anyone really care that we weren't this rushing, bruising team? Especially since we would be winning.
Until NU needed a yard or two in a crucial situation and couldn't get it because they've been going all Texas Tech on everyone. It happens. Full bore passing attacks usually lead to inconsistent football. Generally speaking.

What does that even mean? So, if we become QB U, you wouldn't be okay with that, with "keeping Riley" even if we are winning and ending up in say, the top 10 or top 5 every year?

If we run WCO like Stanford runs it, I'm good with that. If we are chucking the ball 50 times a game, not so much.

Running WCO, at NU, with the talent we likely need to run it to be Top 5 or 10, is unlikely to happen, IMO. See also, Bill Callahan Experiment.

HAHAHAHA!!!!! Funny. I have to assume you read what I actually posted. I never stated that we were a pass heavy team in the past. I did say, however, if we started to win and win a lot with a passing game, or even a balanced attack, would anyone really care that we weren't this rushing, bruising team? Especially since we would be winning.

No, I wouldn't. Winning trumps all.

I'm just very skeptical NU can have success in the WCO at the desired level, despite all the Calibraska hype. Homegrown talent is hard to plug into that offense. 1/4-1/3 of the players on the team will be homegrown.

Big kids who like to hit people, that we have. And they fit better into a different offense, IMO.

That being said, I support MR. He's the coach. I want to win, now. I'm tired of the BC, BP, MR coaching change cycle, with resultant 180 degree offensive philosophy changes.

GBR. Win.

I'm just very skeptical NU can have success in the WCO at the desired level, despite all the Calibraska hype. Homegrown talent is hard to plug into that offense. 1/4-1/3 of the players on the team will be homegrown.

Big kids who like to hit people, that we have. And they fit better into a different offense, IMO.

That being said, I support MR. He's the coach. I want to win, now. I'm tired of the BC, BP, MR coaching change cycle, with resultant 180 degree offensive philosophy changes.

GBR. Win.

Very skeptical? Wow. What about defense? If Diaco produces great defense for the Huskers will that allow the WCO to be enough? Yes, the great Husker teams could run the ball well, but they also played great defense. Plus, MR's teams might emphasize the running game more than you realize.

Yes, it is true that MR can't rely on home grown talent to run his offense. But the same goes for his defense. How many Nebraska kids will be starting on defense this year? None?

No matter what schemes you run, NU will have to become "America's Team" to compete with teams like Michigan and Ohio State. Nebraska is lucky to produce 4 FBS players per year. It is not enough for any scheme. Plus, if MR can draw great skill players California, it is a good thing. Great skill players from the recruiting hot beds are fun to watch and they are more apt to give Husker fans the wins they are seeking than the local kids.

That is just the way it is. On the other hand, if the FCS were an option...

Last edited:

That is just the way it is. On the other hand, if the FCS were an option...
Why on earth would you even mention this nonsense? NU is the 4th winningest program of all time. They've been highly successful, at this level. Then what, tear down the stadium? You'd have 10k in a 90k stadium. Just makes no sense whatsoever, none.

Why on earth would you even mention this nonsense? NU is the 4th winningest program of all time. They've been highly successful, at this level. Then what, tear down the stadium? You'd have 10k in a 90k stadium. Just makes no sense whatsoever, none.

I mentioned it because HC Doc thinks we need a scheme that enables Nebraska Kids to be successful in the Big 10. I was just presenting another option for NU to be successful with Nebraska kids on the grid iron....an option even better than the right scheme. It is known as the appropriate division/level for Nebraska kids.

But I never said that it was a good idea. I only mentioned it as an option. I understand that Nebraskans don't want a true Nebraska team that can't win championships in the FBS. They want an "America's team" that can potentially rise to the top in the FBS and they are very willing to pay for it. Its cool.

Relax. Its all good.

In Germany there are no high school or collegiate sports programs. All sports programs are run through private clubs. There are 6 players on a German tennis team, but only one player can be from a foreign country. I am sure they have similar rules for their soccer teams and all other sports. They want to ensure their sports programs mostly benefit Germans....the "Germany for Germans" concept. I don't have a problem with it. It is their country.

Yes, UNL could do the same thing with its sports programs (put limits on # of athletes not from Nebraska), but it would not be a popular idea because Nebraskans are primarily interested in winning championships at the highest level, whatever it takes. But we need to realize that putting limits on who is allowed to compete in particular sports programs is not an unusual idea. It happens.

The UNL charter says "The University of Nebraska is established for the benefit of Nebraskans"

Combined, the Husker men's and women's tennis teams have 20 players. Only 3 of them are from Nebraska. The men's team has as many players from Croatia as they do from Nebraska. Not sure if this reflects an effort to support the UNL charter or not.

Last edited:

GBR. Win.
Reilly and Reimers say hi. :Biggrin:

The guy is a moron and a troll. Thats why hr keeps bringing up fcs

I mentioned it because HC Doc thinks we need a scheme that enables Nebraska Kids to be successful in the Big 10. I was just presenting another option for NU to be successful with Nebraska kids on the grid iron....an option even better than the right scheme. It is known as the appropriate division/level for Nebraska kids.

But I never said that it was a good idea. I only mentioned it as an option. I understand that Nebraskans don't want a true Nebraska team that can't win championships in the FBS. They want an "America's team" that can potentially rise to the top in the FBS and they are very willing to pay for it. Its cool.

Relax. Its all good.

In Germany there are no high school or collegiate sports programs. All sports programs are run through private clubs. There are 6 players on a German tennis team, but only one player can be from a foreign country. I am sure they have similar rules for their soccer teams and all other sports. They want to ensure their sports programs mostly benefit Germans....the "Germany for Germans" concept. I don't have a problem with it. It is their country.

Yes, UNL could do the same thing with its sports programs, but it would not be a popular idea because Nebraskans are primarily interested in winning championships at the highest level, whatever it takes. But we need to realize that putting limits on who is allowed to compete in particular sports programs is not an unusual idea. It happens.

The UNL charter says "The University of Nebraska is established for the benefit of Nebraskans"

Combined, the Husker men's and women's tennis teams have 20 players. Only 3 of them are from Nebraska. The men's team has as many players from Croatia as they do from Nebraska. Not sure if this reflects an effort to support the UNL charter or not.
how many football players on nebraskas football team are from a foreign country? this post is ununderstandable.GBR

And seemingly, the youth is why NU may struggle this year, according to Las Vegas. Makes perfect sense, given Rileys history, until it's proven otherwise. Every 4-5 years, he produces a decent team. Until he shows his teams can play even one season of consistently good football, why would anyone believe or expect a good to great team yearly?
You are no expert on MR or Oregon State. Even if you were, to transfer what happened there to our program is some seriously bad thinking.

Last edited:
Remind me again what our history with Wisconsin has been?
WE have never played Wisky with a bonified scholarship QB, need I remind you no one wanted Martinez as a QB nor Armstrong. Start looking forward not backwards

Last edited:

I'm assuming you know the history of Husker football. Exactly when were we ever a pass dominant offense winning conference titles?
Guess you are too young to remember the early MNC in the 70 s won by Devaney. Those were passing teams or balanced teams.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back