• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

If we win a championship

USC...you mean second in the south division of a pretty weak conference USC? You mean the USC that started 1-3 and were a breath away from being 2-4 USC? Giving up 52, 17 in the 4th quarter wasn't showing me a team I'd feel is a top 10 program. They have recruited well, and they will be a strong team when we travel to that toilet known as Beaver Stadium, but I'm not sold on Franklin being that special just yet.
He's only won both places he's been at this level, including Vanderbilt. And yes, the USC everyone was in live with at the end of the season. Didn't say me, but didn't thy finish in the top 10?

If NU wins a championship some on the board will still try to compare him to more accomplished coaches and find something to complain about. Lots of pick'n nits.

C

If NU wins a championship some on the board will still try to compare him to more accomplished coaches and find something to complain about. Lots of pick'n nits.

C
That's because no matter how many championships Riley wins, it will not matter as Harbaugh has already won our hearts.

Why don't you break it down for coaches that left their positions for other sometimes better jobs vs. coaches that were fired? Big difference. Hint-it's not going to fit your narrative.

PS...I'm not sure there is a defense for Read and Hughes being hired for a B1G 'contender'.
Well, if that is true then why does such a grate coach have such a hard time keeping his good staff? One year and bail on him? They must think he's a prick and can't get off the sinking ship fast enough. That clown will be lucky to last another year.

Last edited:

Unlike some coaches who never figure it out. MR is making great moves by all accounts and I think he will continue to improve the staff as he sees the need and opportunity.
There is a point at which that becomes counter-productive. Find your guys and let them build some continuity. Changing position coaches frequently leads to confusion amongst players in their late teens/early twenties. Just my opinion.

There is a point at which that becomes counter-productive. Find your guys and let them build some continuity. Changing position coaches frequently leads to confusion amongst players in their late teens/early twenties. Just my opinion.

MR brought a ton of dead weight to Lincoln. Rebuilding is his only chance.

Frank and Bo showed us what happens to a team that doesn't constantly rebuild. Rebuilding is the only chance for any coach, although inheriting can work for a few years.

Last edited:

So when you have an assistant coach that could get the job done at OSU, but isn't up to the challenge at NU, do you opt for continuity or do you upgrade?

I'm guessing if you don't upgrade some folks on the football forums would be talking about nepotism and an inability to fire old friends.

And if you do upgrade some folks on the football forums would be talking about continuity.

I'll agree continuity is important, but only if you have the right coaches. Continuity with poor coaches really isn't continuity at all, because it will get you and them fired.

Last edited:

He brings the dead weight...you complain about the dead weight. He unloads the dead weight....you complain about unloading the dead weight. Pretty pathetic. You started the thread praising Diaco...MR's NEW GUY....but now its somehow counter productive. Jeesh....

He brought the best he could at the time imo....but has proven he will do what it takes to improve the program. I suspect a big majority of fans and football analysts would agree that MR has made all the right moves thus far.

So when you have an assistant coach that could get the job done at OSU, but isn't up to the challenge at NU, do you opt for continuity or do you upgrade?

I'm guessing if you don't upgrade some folks on the football forums would be talking about nepotism and an inability to fire old friends.

And if you do upgrade some folks on the football forums would be talking about continuity.

I'll agree continuity is important, but only if you have the right coaches. Continuity with poor coaches really isn't continuity at all, because it will get you and them fired.
I do wonder how much a position coach can actually improve performance sometimes. Theres a big difference between some coaches but not so much at the highest echelons, and coaches do improve over time. If you have a decent position coach continuity would seem more important to me.

If we win a championship, good chance MR will retire soon thereafter, so you guys can be rid of him once and for all.

If we don't sniff a West championship in the next 2-3, he may be gone, but the next guy will be left with talent close to what Harbaugh inherited.

Win win for the folks who dislike MR more than they like NU.

Since you said position coach I assume you meant to not have Diaco included. I assume that because otherwise your post would be a contradiction to the OP, which was you. So let's see, he fired the DL coach and the ST coach, I say Reed doesn't really count as a position coach and it was a firing I know you agreed with. Brian Stewart moved on for a DC position so that's not on MR. Since you like the BD hire, a person again must assume you agreed with the firing of Banker. Even including Banker that really only is 2 changes and does not cause confusion among players. Nope, the moves MR has made are not counter productive, in fact they have only strengthened and improved the program.

C

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back