• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

If we win a championship

Backed in. Had they not played the game of their life, and get a very lucky bounce against OSU, they are watching OSU and Michigan decide who is in the playoff, and who is in the Rose Bowl. Nothing about their season felt like they were in control.
Bet it felt real to tOSU.

Let me break it down for you - I simply said to compare Riley to comparable programs rather than posting adoration for not allowing nepotism - which i can only think you are comparing him to Bo when you do that. But that's pretty weak, don't you think? Compare him to his peers and programs NU aspires to become.

Let me break it down for you, none of what you just said has anything to do with my post. Why don't you address that?

Weak is your post and if you want to compare him to his peers then do so with accuracy. So I will say it again, can't use a third season for Franklin when MR hasn't coached game one of his. In an apples to apples 7-6 and 7-6 to 6-7 and 9-4.

For giggles I will address your post. First steps include improvements in an area that has hampered NU. BC was a victim of it too with keeping on KC. You want to say I shouldn't post adoration, I say kiss my rear end. I will do as I please and enjoy watching the coach build a solid program. You have fun doing whatever it is you do in curmudgeon land.

C

Last edited:

And that team lived in the top 10! Don't forget that.

Actually, you are probably looking at recruiting classes. As Oracle pointed out, the 6 & 7 ranked recruiting classes finished 10 & 11 in the final poll. Surely you weren't looking at in season polls, which change dramatically. I don't forget much.

That's a low bar your comparison offers. Why not look at Michigan since Harbaugh came in at the same time? Or Wisconsin or Penn State?
That's not what I'm saying at all but go ahead and jump to conclusions. A better question would be 'why did it take Riley nearly 3 years to get a competent coaching staff at NU'?
First your premise is bad, MR had a good staff that he has made better each year. And, guess what Mr. Harbaugh fan? Slick Jimmie has been changing up his staff too, so he probably should have won something by now with all that loving talent waiting for him...sadly he brought an incompetent staff:

Recent Harbaugh staff changes, that I'm sure the Oracle is oblivious to:

- New Assistant HC and Passing Game Coordinator was hired THIS YEAR.
-New Offensive Tackles, TE's and Run Game Coordinator was hired THIS YEAR.
-New Running Backs & ST coach hired THIS YEAR. He's never coached RB's before.
- In 2016, JH's second year, he hired a new Defensive Coordinator.
- In 2016, JH hired a new LB's & ST coach.
-In 2016, JH hired a new Secondary coach.

Why in the hell has it taken JH three years to put together an OK staff? His OC has only 2 years experience and is basically a glorified OL coach. Most of his staff has little experience, including his son. That train is ready to crash, if they can't keep pulling in top talent...but they haven't shown us they can win yet either.

Last edited:
Sometimes, things just get looked at skewed. No matter what, it's sunshine and rainbows.

Sunshine%20pumper%202_zpsjq5vqrho.gif

C

That's not what I'm saying at all but go ahead and jump to conclusions. A better question would be 'why did it take Riley nearly 3 years to get a competent coaching staff at NU'?
Why indeed? He has not been shy about breaking old bonds for fresh perspectives. I think Riley is a very bright guy!

The anal (in terms of obsession only) orifice of Lincoln only wishes to distract from the original posts about denying nepotism (which was what led to the detriment of the last staff). Instead he ignores the improvement in staff and sees it as an original detriment instead of ongoing improvement, interesting...

We have gained/improved upon some amazing coaches and recruiters since Riley has taken over, much better folks than we ever had here in the past decade, yet that is a detriment to Riley cuz they weren't here with him from the beginning??? Seems to be like grasping at an anti-Riley approach rather than a forward thinking perspective, JMO.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back