• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

If we had to change mascots and could no longer be the Huskers...

Huh? Why in the world would the Huskers want to sound like a German name? Vaguely anti-Semitic which would go over well. Maybe stick to American term like The Soft Buns or something not so borderline offensive to some people. It would certainly draw a lot of media attention though, if the Huskers became known as the Fighting Krauts.
Not all we German-Americans are anti-Semitic. Gross generalization.

Huh? Why in the world would the Huskers want to sound like a German name? Vaguely anti-Semitic which would go over well. Maybe stick to American term like The Soft Buns or something not so borderline offensive to some people. It would certainly draw a lot of media attention though, if the Huskers became known as the Fighting Krauts.
German ancestry is the most common ancestry in all of the U.S. (49.2 million people), and it makes up a majority of the ancestry of most of the Great Plains states, including Nebraska. If you equate "German" with "anti-Semitic," you might want to keep in mind that a majority of the Americans who fought the Nazis were German-Americans, all the way up to Eisenhower.

German names mean anti-semitic, nonsense.

C

German ancestry is the most common ancestry in all of the U.S. (49.2 million people), and it makes up a majority of the ancestry of most of the Great Plains states, including Nebraska. If you equate "German" with "anti-Semitic," you might want to keep in mind that a majority of the Americans who fought the Nazis were German-Americans, all the way up to Eisenhower.
I am not saying that German sounding names are anti-Semitic. But I think the MEDIA would be all over it, in this time of PC correctness, don't you?? Come on. It would cause much outrage, I guarantee it. Heck, look at all the problems even names as innocuous as Fighting Irish, or some of the Native American names.

Last edited:
Not all we German-Americans are anti-Semitic. Gross generalization.
I agree. I am saying what the MassMedia would say. Do you not think that networks like MSNBC, etc...would not say something about that? It would generate mass coverage about PC on school nicknames.

I agree. I am saying what the MassMedia would say. Do you not think that networks like MSNBC, etc...would not say something about that? It would generate mass coverage about PC on school nicknames.
Then the mass media is making a gross generalization. Does anyone pay attention to MSNBC anyway?

FEAR THE BEARD

EA4854-E6-E83-A-4-D10-8722-C92-F6-DEDF610.jpg
It has only been 36 hours. I think people are just letting this "sink in." Prepare for barrage of positive comment sure to follow.:Shout:
I think waxing may have killed this possibility. May be good for Japanese baseball team.

I hear it can get lonely in West Texas. Can you confirm?

Last edited:

It has only been 36 hours. I think people are just letting this "sink in." Prepare for barrage of positive comment sure to follow.:Shout:
I think waxing may have killed this possibility. May be good for Japanese baseball team.

I hear it can get lonely in West Texas. Can you confirm?

I haven't the slightest idea what you're talking about.

:Woohoo:

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back