• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

If Frost is eyeing transfer QB market, watch Buckeyes' situation closely

If he is a grad transfer, which is what I think he would be Urban has no say in the matter.
I think we actually discussed this awhile back and IIRC, they still get a saw. I thought the same as you and I remember being wrong. I'll see if I can find it.

--edit--

Found it

Last edited:
I think we actually discussed this awhile back and IIRC, they still get a saw. I thought the same as you and I remember being wrong. I'll see if I can find it.
Seems like my memory say's that Tanner had to get approval from Tulane........

Seems like my memory say's that Tanner had to get approval from Tulane........

Tanner wasn't a grad transfer. Anyway I just looked it up and yes even as a grad transfer OSU would still have to give Burrow his release. I don't think SF and Co will want him. I don't think he would get any guarantee of starting if he transferred to Nebraska.

He basically could have been at Nebraska in the first place, he was interested in Nebraska, but Beck didn't want him. Then MR tried to jump back into the mix with him late, but it was too late.

Before the spring game, I would have been interested. Now, not so much. I don't think he comes to NU because he'll want a guarantee he will be the starter, otherwise why leave tOSU to ride the pine.

If he is a grad transfer, which is what I think he would be Urban has no say in the matter.

My understanding is that the NCAA does not have a rule requiring graduate transfers to sit out. However, schools and conferences do. Most of graduate transfers are cleared to go wherever they'd like to though. However, some schools/conferences can and do put restrictions on transfers. Jim Harbaugh restricted Wilton Speight from grad transferring to any Michigan 2018 opponent. Jake Rudock had to receivce an exemption from the Big Ten and Iowa to transfer to Michigan a few years ago.

Speight revealed that Michigan will not let him transfer to another Big Ten school or any of the schools on the program’s 2018 schedule. Next year, the Wolverines play Notre Dame, Western Michigan and SMU out of conference.
Link.

Rudock received a waiver from the Big Ten, which normally requires transfers within conference to sit out a season. Rudock, from Weston, Florida, is set to graduate this spring from Iowa and will join the Wolverines for preseason practice.
Link.

With no NCAA rule in place prohibiting the restriction of graduate transfer destinations, beyond permission-to-contact mandates, conferences and schools have enacted their own measures. From there, legislation varies.

The ACC exempts those with baccalaureate degrees from its intra-conference transfer rules, which require players not only to sit out a year, but lose a year of competitive eligibility. The Big Ten and Pac-12 have the same stipulations as the ACC, only without a graduate transfer exemption.
Link.

Last edited:

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back