• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

If Frost is eyeing transfer QB market, watch Buckeyes' situation closely

I don't think Urban can block Burrow from transferring to Nebraska, but he could basically block Burrow from receiving a scholarship from Nebraska. Burrow could still walk-on.

If Burrow wants to be a Husker, Meyer can make it much more difficult, but he can't outright stop it. I don't know if the bad press would be worth it for Urbs.

Last edited:
I don't think Urban can block Burrow from transferring to Nebraska, but he could basically block Burrow from receiving a scholarship from Nebraska. Burrow could still walk-on.

If Burrow wants to be a Husker, Meyer can make it more difficult, but he can't outright stop it.

Correct much like Vedral.

As *** said off the forum don't count out him going to Ohio to play for his Dad and Coach Solich too

Bottom line if he wants to play for Nebraska it will happen even if it means walking on or perhaps on an Academic Graduate Scholarship if that is allowed

Last edited:
I don’t think we have a shot at Burrow, he’s leaving Ohio st because he would be the back up, that’s a hard sell to get him to come to Nebraska to be a back up and maybe start.

I don’t think we have a shot at Burrow, he’s leaving Ohio st because he would be the back up, that’s a hard sell to get him to come to Nebraska to be a back up and maybe start.

If he comes to Lincoln the hard sell will not to be the backup. I can't believe any head coach coming after him would make a pitch like that. If I were the kid that would be the one and only call I would have with that coach. With our experience at the position he would have every chance to come in and win the job should we reach out to him. Only problem I see is he has very little experience playing himself thus some what of an unknown in his own right.

If he comes to Lincoln the hard sell will not to be the backup. I can't believe any head coach coming after him would make a pitch like that. If I were the kid that would be the one and only call I would have with that coach. With our experience at the position he would have every chance to come in and win the job should we reach out to him. Only problem I see is he has very little experience playing himself thus some what of an unknown in his own right.
He will go where the coaches have indicated to him he is a shoe in to start. He is unlikely to go where he's told he has a shot to start based on competitive tryouts. Since he has probably not seen how POB and Gebbia perform outside of a Spring game, he's not sure what his chances are against them. He's going where they tell him he's a lock to start. Makes no sense for him to transfer to another school if there's a 50% chance he will continue to sit on the bench.

I can definitely see urb not being completely honest with the kid and leading him to believe he may have a better chance to start than he really does.. that wouldn’t surprise me in the least.. basically stringing him along for his own good, not thinking or caring about necessarily what’s in the best interest of burrows future

Last edited:
I can definitely see urb not being completely honest with the kid and leading him to believe he may have a better chance to start than he really does.. that wouldn’t surprise me in the least.. basically stringing him along for his own good, not thinking or caring about necessarily what’s in the best interest of burrows future
I think he would rather have the scholarship.

Wouldn't Meyer have a say so regarding his release? I could see this gett'n messy if he knew he was coming here.
My understanding is that a grad transfer has no restrictions on where they can transfer to.

Edit: Sorry. I should have read the rest of the thread before I commented.

Last edited:
Correct much like Vedral.

As *** said off the forum don't count out him going to Ohio to play for his Dad and Coach Solich too

Bottom line if he wants to play for Nebraska it will happen even if it means walking on or perhaps on an Academic Graduate Scholarship if that is allowed

Yep.

And with any luck, NU gets "Russell Wilson, II." :Corn2:

For all the reason everyone has said, I see the point at bringing in a grad transfer, however there is a big part of me that doesn't want to see a grad transfer come in, I like where the team is at and would love to see them (the ones already here) grow and kind of learn with the rest. I know that doesn't make much sense but just the thought of a hired gun doesn't really appeal to me. Burrows is a bit of a different story because of the 2 years, just not sold on the Arizona guy.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back