• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

I was a SD Chargers fan but who should my new team be?

I was a big fan of the Colts when they were in Baltimore, mostly because of Johnny Unitas. They lost me as a fan when the snuck out of town in the middle of the night.

Became a fan of the Seahawks many years later after I retired from the Navy.

Is was to in the early to mid 70's. Went to memorial stadium to watch a preseason game back then against the Colts and Browns. Got to see Bert Jones, Lydel Mitchell, John Dutton.

Is was to in the early to mid 70's. Went to memorial stadium to watch a preseason game back then against the Colts and Browns. Got to see Bert Jones, Lydel Mitchell, John Dutton.

I was there too!!

Became a Colts fan, secondary to Denver that year. Balt vs Oak, '77 playoff game still is one of the greatest games in NFL history.

I just became a Tampa Bay Buccaneers fan this year. No particular reason just started watching their games. Say what you will about his character, but Jameis is fun to watch. Easy to cheer for Lavonte David too

After 40 long years I'm out.

a lot of things to think about if you are indeed going to permanently pick a new team. how much do you invest yourself into your team? what style of football do you enjoy? is uni-watch something to consider? ability to watch/attend games...
i would suggest taking a look at team ownership 1st and foremost, and dont let others media/fans look at it for you. i am a lifelong cowboys fan and hear plenty of negatives about mr jones. however, i have a different tune. winning is a difficult task in the NFL and i wholeheartedly believe i have an owner that wants to win. there are perhaps better ownership groups, packers, steelers, giants... but jones will do what it takes as an owner to give the cowboys a chance, namely spend the money.

players come and go, so i would suggest not to select a team based upon a individual player but rather a team philosophy such as the blue collar bravado. the steelers that are gonna be a tough physical team that will run the football and play good defense. if you have been a chargers fan perhaps you liked air coryell and the high flying offenses of the chargers threw the years. the atlanta falcons in a lot of ways have emulated the chargers style. you can count on them being an offensive minded team, that will score some points. perhaps a good playoff run by Matty Ice could smooth that transition.

its gonna be hard to replace the powder blues, but then again, the chargers hardly ever wear the real ones anyway. if uniforms or logos are of importance, i would suggest choosing wisely and stick with tradition. i can't imagine being a jaguars fan...for countless reasons. like my cowboys, the chiefs, steelers, packers, bears, colts..ect have had solid uni's and stuck with them with little change. others have made a major change and then stuck with the new look without wavering after long standing uniform stability..patriots, broncos, jets, giants... perhaps subtle changes made by vikings, dolphins, rams are of interest with some fresh looks without major overall and rebranding.

i have only been to 1 cowboys game in my life. i chose wisely, attending an overtime thriller in minnesota on a sunday night in 1995. its no secret however that the cowboys are on TV pretty regularly, especially when the NFL is having ratings hardship as it was this year. with the redone channel, sunday ticket and air travel what it is today, viewing a team out of market is not as difficult as it once was. i would concentrate more on being satisfied with what you see rather than when it will be seen.

good luck and remember that being a good fan does not always come with satisfaction... then again, i guess you already knew that for 40 years

Are the Chargers leaving?

Geeeez.....is it true? Been very busy and haven't heard anything of it?

Seriously? No more San Diego Chargers? C'mon?

Are the Chargers leaving?

Geeeez.....is it true? Been very busy and haven't heard anything of it?

Seriously? No more San Diego Chargers? C'mon?

It is pretty sad. But hey it's LA, maybe they will move back in 10 years...

None. I have zero rooting interest in any NFL team. Try to cheer for the underdogs and former Huskers. Watch it passively at best.

Ditto. I haven't watched a NFL game in 8 years. I grew tired of watching millionaires make money for billionaires. College football has become a year around passion for me. The off season allows me to catch-up on the old games.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back