• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

I guess that's settled.

I'm amazed at all the experts on here who think they know what is going to happen. All that is for sure is that Moos is sticking to his original statement to not fire anyone during the season - period. And good for him.
Quite amazing, isn't it? No one had any clue Riley was getting hired. No one knew Moos was getting hired. Yet contract figures getting leaked.

Someone of "substance" finally told AD Moos that Husker Nation was going to explode if there was any thought that Coach Riley was returning.
So no more putsing around, tell Husker Nation NOW what Coach Riley's status is.
AD Moos can hold off on new coach announcements until it's "appropriate" but we need to know that there is hope for the future!

Someone of "substance" finally told AD Moos that Husker Nation was going to explode if there was any thought that Coach Riley was returning.
So no more putsing around, tell Husker Nation NOW what Coach Riley's status is.
AD Moos can hold off on new coach announcements until it's "appropriate" but we need to know that there is hope for the future!

naw, we already know. I just don't want ADBM pretending that we don't all know. time to start doing the "dont say anything at all" part of that idiom

naw, we already know. I just don't want ADBM pretending that we don't all know. time to start doing the "dont say anything at all" part of that idiom
We think we know, but there are still diehards on this board who "know" he is getting a fourth year.
AD Moos has to put that to rest and lead us to a new beginning.

Last edited by a moderator:

Quite amazing, isn't it? No one had any clue Riley was getting hired. No one knew Moos was getting hired. Yet contract figures getting leaked.

And these stories then take on a life of their own.

Historically, pre-hire rumors here at Nebraska have not been accurate. That's why I keep saying I'm willing to just wait the week and a half that's left to hear the truth. It's less fun that the drama of watching airport schedules, and false TO sightings, and friends of friends who know a cable guy stuff, but in the end, the actual truth is the only thing that matters.

Pretty obvious that Riley is gone, that much is for sure. The next coach might be Frost, or it might be one of the other great coaches that Bill Moos said would like to coach here. Either way, there will be a new bandwagon pulling into the station at the end of the season. I'm looking forward to blindly climbing aboard when it arrives.

Last edited:
Who has said they "know" he is getting a fourth year? Haven't seen that.
There the group who believe Coach Riley won't be/shouldn't be fired.

They "know" just like I know we should let Coach Riley go, it's euphemism for knowledge when in fact it's just our personal opinion (like always on the board :) )

Who has said they "know" he is getting a fourth year? Haven't seen that.

I've seen people posting such things. Not lately though. I think the bottom dropped out of that thinking after the Minnesota game.

I think Bill Moos has done all that he can to tell the fan base that the end is near for the Riley era without going back on his word to make a fair and complete evaluation at the end of the season. Yesterday, he stated that MR deserves to coach the remainder of the FY17 season. It's hard to read that statement and draw the conclusion that there is a significant chance of Riley returning in 2018. Today, Moos suggested that the evaluation of the program will likely be complete prior to the end of the season.

Or, I suppose the vast majority of fans could just be living in an alternate universe and that Moos thinks that this program can turn around next year under this coaching staff. But I don't see any unicorns outside my window.

Last edited:

There the group who believe Coach Riley won't be/shouldn't be fired.

They "know" just like I know we should let Coach Riley go, it's euphemism for knowledge when in fact it's just our personal opinion (like always on the board :) )

Kn
I've seen people posting such things. Not lately though. I think the bottom dropped out of that thinking after the Minnesota game.

I think Bill Moos has done all that he can to tell the fan base that the end is near for the Riley era without going back on his word to make a fair and complete evaluation at the end of the season. Yesterday, he stated that MR deserves to coach the remainder of the FY17 season. It's hard to read that statement and draw the conclusion that there is a significant chance of Riley returning in 2018. Today, Moos suggested that the evaluation of the program will likely be complete prior to the end of the season.

Or, I suppose the vast majority of fans could just be living in an alternate universe and that Moos thinks that this program can turn around next year under this coaching staff. But I don't see any unicorns outside my window.

I think Moos said he will be done evaluating before the end of the season because he will name a new coach within a day or two after the IA game. Otherwise, announcing a new coach that quick shows that he made a decision a while ago and wouldn't mesh with he had been saying about waiting to make a decision after the season.

Kn

I think Moos said he will be done evaluating before the end of the season because he will name a new coach within a day or two after the IA game. Otherwise, announcing a new coach that quick shows that he made a decision a while ago and wouldn't mesh with he had been saying about waiting to make a decision after the season.

I hadn't really thought about it from that perspective, but I think you are right.

Kn

iowa game is Nov 24th - Scott Frost's will not end until December 2nd (if he beats South Florida Nov 25th) - so we could have a week+ to burn down the message board. IMO no way SF wants news to get out before conference championship game

iowa game is Nov 24th - Scott Frost's will not end until December 2nd (if he beats South Florida Nov 25th) - so we could have a week+ to burn down the message board. IMO no way SF wants news to get out before conference championship game

:Lol:

Well I guess that shoots down that theory.

Yep, but maybe the board burns down sooner. Imagine a new coach announcement shortly after the Iowa game...

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back