• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

I guess that's settled.

Wish you were right but it aint gonna happen pal. Wouldn't it be fitting that lingering Riley will also cost us SF?

Maybe not so much “fitting” as frustrating. But again, if we’re looking at SF, things are happening in the background. There are a number of reasons SF wouldn’t end up here, but we won’t “miss” on SF just because we didn’t fire MR early.

Yes. If it were like any other year, with signing day in Feb, then finishing out the string is fine.

With 70% of recruits signing Dec 20, we have to have a HC, and have one ASAP.

To buyout SF immediately is a necessity, IMO.

1. If Frost were the kind of coach who would quit on his team for money, he wouldn't be winning as many games as he is. He'd be like a younger version of Bobby Petrino.
  2. 10 days in the middle of November are not going to make or break a recruiting class, regardless of the early signing date.
  3. If you are an NU recruit and Scott Frost is in front of you after just quitting on his team in the middle of a championship run, what's your trust level? If you are Frost, do you have any credibility?
  4. I'd bet Florida tried this tactic, and it backfired miserably.

Last edited:
Yes. If it were like any other year, with signing day in Feb, then finishing out the string is fine.

I see what you're saying. However, I don't think that is at all possible. I don't think there is any way that (if Frost so happens to be our guy), they would announce anything until UCF has played their bowl game, which will most likely be after the new year. It just looks terrible on everyone, Frost, UCF, even us to do that before their season is over, IMO.

I see what you're saying. However, I don't think that is at all possible. I don't think there is any way that (if Frost so happens to be our guy), they would announce anything until UCF has played their bowl game, which will most likely be after the new year. It just looks terrible on everyone, Frost, UCF, even us to do that before their season is over, IMO.
An announcement will come some time after UCF's final regular season game and before their bowl game. No way anyone waits until January to make an announcement.

Never going to happen. Ever. I'd be disappointed in Scott Frost if he abandoned his guys, and if you look at how he's conducted himself throughout this soap opera, as well as when his name has come up in connection with Nebraska in the past, there's almost zero chance he abandons his guys before the end of their season.

Furthermore, I'm not at all convinced that it would hurt Nebraska. Bookie is gone regardless of who Nebraska hires and when they do it. Goodrich is the #1 guy left in the class that IMO Nebraska absolutely needs to get. When he said he wanted to sign early he also said he had no intention of enrolling early. Now he's said he plans to push his recruitment to February. The new staff will have a month to convince him to come to Lincoln.

My guess is after AAC Championship game that’s if they’ve make it. If USF beats UCF and don’t make the championship game he could pull trigger before bowl game. That has happened many times. So that’s what I would like to see personally.

Last edited:

An announcement will come some time after UCF's final regular season game and before their bowl game. No way anyone waits until January to make an announcement.

Yup. Both NU and UCF play their final regular season games on 11/24, so if Frost is the guy, I'd bet the announcement will come Monday Nov. 27 at the latest. Dimes to donuts, he'll coach the AAC championship game (I hope he does), so he'll be the NU coach effective Dec. 3.

I do kind of like that Moos isn't afraid to give a little push back on some fans though. Seems like a solid dude.
Living in the Seattle area, you hear alot about push back by Moos and Leach. They don't adhere to what's popular, they do what they feel is right.

Maybe not so much “fitting” as frustrating. But again, if we’re looking at SF, things are happening in the background. There are a number of reasons SF wouldn’t end up here, but we won’t “miss” on SF just because we didn’t fire MR early.
agreed pal

Come on Moos !!! Just use interim HC for the remaining 2017 season (two games - NO bowl). Followed Florida and Tennessee paths ......

Last edited:

The hell with that. Early signing date makes the impetus to have a coach in place ASAP critical.

We'll pay to get SF, and we'll pay to get him now.
Oh, we'll pay to get SF for sure but on his timetable, not at the command of angry NU fans. I'm sure he would say "to hell with that."

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back