• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

I Demonstrate Specific 3-4 Defensive Line Techniques (With My Kids Help)

The most fascinating thing about that clip (although the football info was great) is the discipline your children exhibited while you were filming. Both my wife and I enjoyed that episode. You are blessed young man!!! Love the "throw the bones" finish! :Blackshirts::Huskerflag:

The most fascinating thing about that clip (although the football info was great) is the discipline your children exhibited while you were filming. Both my wife and I enjoyed that episode. You are blessed young man!!! Love the "throw the bones" finish! :Blackshirts::Huskerflag:
My kids love the show. They watch it all the time & always ask to be on it. But as a result, they now throw the bones to me every morning as they walk into school after I drop them off. :throwbones: That's a true story too.

Last edited:
My wife wants me to get into coaching. Football wise, what was the most interesting part of this show for you guys?

Last edited:
I liked the way you started basic and layered complexity as it went. That's how a good coach has to work: lay the foundation and then start building the fancy part. Hope you are in contact with Coach Parrella - I'm sure he's got some advice.

That's a good video. A lot of knowledge for just 10 minutes and it was free! Thanks!

Seems like the steering wheel technique requires grabbing the jersey or the shoulder pads. How can you execute that technique without being called for holding?

:Confused:

Most interesting/enlightening part...the defensive lineman always heads to the gap that is being blocked the strongest and only moves AFTER the O-lineman moves.

You said being so close to the ball makes it difficult for defensive linemen. Why is that? Because it is so crowded?

Last edited:
Was wondering the same thing as Paramus about the steering wheel technique and holding. Is it effective without grabbing the jersey?
Your explanation/demonstration of the hands placement was great.
Explains why 300lb linemen are always playing pattycake!:Catfight:

Personally, I don't feel like the ball carrier took these videos seriously. She seemed detached and disinterested. Sad!

Seriously, good video, cuter kids.

I don't know . . . your scout team seems a but undersized. But they have a lot of moxie.

Good stuff, Adam. Keep it coming!

Was wondering the same thing as Paramus about the steering wheel technique and holding. Is it effective without grabbing the jersey?
Your explanation/demonstration of the hands placement was great.
Explains why 300lb linemen are always playing pattycake!:Catfight:
For many years now you can hold the Jersey/pads as long as you stay within the frame of the shoulders. If you stay inside the shoulders, the only way it gets called is if you continue to hold after the play has passed and the player is trying to pull away to follow the play.

For many years now you can hold the Jersey/pads as long as you stay within the frame of the shoulders. If you stay inside the shoulders, the only way it gets called is if you continue to hold after the play has passed and the player is trying to pull away to follow the play.

The UNL football research department should try to develop football jerseys with a teflon coating.

True story. Can't remember if it was Walter Camp at Stanford, Alonzo Stagg at Chicago, or Pop Warner at Cornell/Stanford. Let's say it was Warner. Anyway, Warner's team was playing a football team with brown jerseys (probably Brown University). That team did a lot a lot of fake hand-offs and the brown jerseys made it hard to determine who had the ball because the ball was hard to see against the brown jerseys.

Warner's Cornell team had red jerseys. So when Warner hosted the Brown team, he painted all of the balls red. The Brown team protested, but they lost the protest. There was nothing in the rules about what color the ball had to be.

Yep, in football technological innovation can be helpful.

Last edited:

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back