• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Huskers vs Oral Roberts - 3/20/18 - 6:30 pm - J. L. Johnson Stadium, Tulsa, Okla

Way too much going on today. Got to hear ORU go up 4-0 as I was dropping my son off. We get to come to our only game of the year on Saturday. Hopefully, it will be following a 2 game winning streak.

Well, folks! Sure don't want to hear the low lights, so I am gone!!

I guess, I will be here around 12:30 central. Is Luis pitching?

In any case, thanks for pitching in, csker. I hope you are not in coma!!

Goodnight to all :Wave:
I was beat and had to get up early this morning. Thanks for finishing the game.

I went to bed angry last night after this game. I'm still mad this morning. Forget about competing with the Big12, SEC, ACC or PAC12 schools -- I can live with us not being as good as them. However, right now we're no better than Northern Colorado, Northwestern State, or Oral Roberts and probably not AS good as those schools and that isn't acceptable. We have better facilities, more fans, and likely spend significantly more. Why are we so absolutely putrid?!?!

I'm not sure I'd bet on more than 2 midweek wins the rest of the year -- including series losses to both Creighton and Omaha. If we can win 7 Big Ten games, I'd call that a success right now and forget about making the conference tourney in our own back yard.

Even worse than this, is we have no hope for next year unless the freshman that show up are all significant upgrades. We'll lose Alvarado, Warren, and Schrieber for sure and that is likely our 3 best players (the fact that I listed Schrieber as one of our best players is a bad sign). Wilkening and Luensman could go pro after this year, in which case we'd be totally devoid of talent.

Sorry for the rant, just greatly saddened by the current state of NU baseball.

I went to bed angry last night after this game. I'm still mad this morning. Forget about competing with the Big12, SEC, ACC or PAC12 schools -- I can live with us not being as good as them. However, right now we're no better than Northern Colorado, Northwestern State, or Oral Roberts and probably not AS good as those schools and that isn't acceptable. We have better facilities, more fans, and likely spend significantly more. Why are we so absolutely putrid?!?!

I'm not sure I'd bet on more than 2 midweek wins the rest of the year -- including series losses to both Creighton and Omaha. If we can win 7 Big Ten games, I'd call that a success right now and forget about making the conference tourney in our own back yard.

Even worse than this, is we have no hope for next year unless the freshman that show up are all significant upgrades. We'll lose Alvarado, Warren, and Schrieber for sure and that is likely our 3 best players (the fact that I listed Schrieber as one of our best players is a bad sign). Wilkening and Luensman could go pro after this year, in which case we'd be totally devoid of talent.

Sorry for the rant, just greatly saddened by the current state of NU baseball.

FWIW ... and it's still early ... but currently (through today's win), NU's RPI is 84. That's 5th best in the Big Ten (and close with #6 and #7). The Big Ten conference is currently ranked 10th nationally.

NU is also 1-4 against RPI top 50. Only Iowa has a worse record based on teams that have played three or more top 50 teams.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back