• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

HUSKERS vs CSU BAKERSFIELD - Tuesday, March 21, at 8 p.m. CT

That was a pretty poor mound performance from the first inning on. Hard to take away many positives aside from top of order, though the all-too-predictable 1-2-3 ninth reinforces what appears to be soft team, lacking scrap. Back at it Thursday to restart the search for a winning identity.

Last edited:

CBob I finished it, I just don't get it. Mental toughness. we get the same kids as we always got, basically, just don't know if it is Darin or Silva. small ball or gorilla. I think that I like Gorilla ball better because we might be able to recruit to hitters to our park better(and that is just a lie) than pitchers. I just really want a team that is just tough.

Was a tough game to listen to. Not sure I'd say the team lacks mental toughness though. Waldren is a strike thrower (which is way better than walking everybody) but isn't overpowering and so is going to give up hits (the number of choppers for hits last night were insane). The issue last night to me comes down to having miller batting in the 5 spot with his .150 avg and leaving luensman in too long -- he has a record of going to pot in a hurry this year and never recovering. Those are both coaching issues that should be easily avoided/resolved.

Was a tough game to listen to. Not sure I'd say the team lacks mental toughness though. Waldren is a strike thrower (which is way better than walking everybody) but isn't overpowering and so is going to give up hits (the number of choppers for hits last night were insane). The issue last night to me comes down to having miller batting in the 5 spot with his .150 avg and leaving luensman in too long -- he has a record of going to pot in a hurry this year and never recovering. Those are both coaching issues that should be easily avoided/resolved.

Palkert seemed like he could have gone on another inning and more. Why make Luensmann pitch 8 outs? He is a closer, right? Hell of a long closing! Quit messing up pitching logic. And, yes, this infield seems like a piece of crap, that only little kids play on. Their batters knew how to play the infield to a T!!!

Thanks for the color on the field conditions. Sounds Mickey Mouse (it IS California, after all) and that the CSB team is well-rehearsed to it. I too shy away from the lacking mental toughness meme, but do expect more scrap, especially after watching the other team pile up an average of two hits an inning for eight innings. New series starts tomorrow, come ready to compete, Huskers!

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back