• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Huskers now the team to beat for 4-star JUCO DT Ben Bradley

Status
Not open for further replies.
Funny, another recruit that had character while "supposedly" ready to sign with NU... But now that the evil SEC is involved his character along with his fathers is thrown under the bus. No way he likes the school or location better, it has to be dirty pool.. Only way to get him. I guess the thousands of kids and their parents that have chosen the SEC over the years have no character as well <O:p</O:p

Last edited:

I think it is really unfair to claim money is involved in any kid who goes to the SEC. I'm not kid nickels and not trying to troll, but the conference has had undeniable success lately, and a reasonable person can see why right now is a good time to play in that conference. I know the teams he is considering are not likely national title contenders, but the conference has a powerful reputation right now (just like we did in the 90's) and kids want to be a part of it. Not every kid is taking phone calls and bidding up schools for his services like some seem to be implying.

Well said.

Of course...since we will likely lose him....the rallying cry will be because of some illegal activity took place, regardless of any true evidence of it.

Funny, another recruit that had character while "supposedly" ready to sign with NU... But now that the evil SEC is involved his character along with his fathers is thrown under the bus. No way he likes the school or location better, it has to be dirty pool.. Only way to get him. I guess the thousands of kids and their parents that have chosen the SEC over the years have no character as well <O:p></O:p>

Yep....its what NU fan does to justify the loss

I don't see the need to "bring them down" if they go elsewhere either..but I also don't care about them at that point as it's time to move on.

Perfect statement. Kid hasn't changed just cause he goes somewhere else. Moooooving on.

Funny, another recruit that had character while "supposedly" ready to sign with NU... But now that the evil SEC is involved his character along with his fathers is thrown under the bus. No way he likes the school or location better, it has to be dirty pool.. Only way to get him. I guess the thousands of kids and their parents that have chosen the SEC over the years have no character as well <O:p</O:p

A kid choosing a school in the SEC does not automatically mean the kid has poor character or is on the take. But a kid who chooses a school in the SEC just to be in the "SEC" does have questionable character and judgment. No getting around that. Florida under Urban Meyer and Alabama under Saban have been successful programs. LSU to a lesser extent. But the SEC as whole has as much or more crap than any other conference.

I think it's fair game to question the judgment and maturity of a kid who goes to Kentucky or Auburn just to be in the "SEC."

So let me get this straight. He dropped the Vols because they had a new coach and were rebuilding but now he likes Auburn and Kentucky (who both have new coaches and are rebuilding plus had worse records that Tenn). Missouri did not have a new coach but he didn't just go ahead and sign with them. Now these are all SEC teams and something still doesn't make sense with how this is working out with Bradley.

Welp, this thread has turned out exactly as I predicted/expected. While many others are sobbing/boo-hooing about Bradley not signing, I, for one, am not in the least bit surprised nor shocked. I've been saying it all along, and was ridiculed and berated because of it. You can say and think whatever you want about the SEC, but to quote a famous wrestler-now-actor, "It doesn't matter what you think." Bradley and (more importantly) his father want him to play in the SEC, so no doubt that's where he'll end up, barring some sort of unfilfilled requirement.

You predicted Tennessee.... don't spout off that you were right. That would be like me telling people "no way is Romeny going to be president, it will be Ross Perot" and then after November when Obama got re-elected just running around telling people how right I was. I don't want to get banned during signing period but if I would write the posts you have I would be a massive tool and expect to get knocked out by someone....

Yep....its what NU fan does to justify the loss

So is this a done deal that Bradley isn't coming here?

Personally, in the context of Nebraska recruiting, I thought this was a too-good-to-be-true deal when the news first broke. But after following some pretty credible posters on different boards, I was convinced he was coming here. Is this a case where he leveraged a Nebraska offer into a better offer(in his mind anyway)?

No ill will either way, but we sure could use this kid and I'm still crossing my fingers

So is this a done deal that Bradley isn't coming here?

Personally, in the context of Nebraska recruiting, I thought this was a too-good-to-be-true deal when the news first broke. But after following some pretty credible posters on different boards, I was convinced he was coming here. Is this a case where he leveraged a Nebraska offer into a better offer(in his mind anyway)?

No ill will either way, but we sure could use this kid and I'm still crossing my fingers

No - did not leverage us actually was close to having the pen to the paper but wanted to make sure he could get in in January before he signed and our admissions let all hell break loose....

The recruitment of this particular athlete has turned into a circus.

Last edited:

Regardless of what and why it has transpired like this, I hope we can land him for competitions sake alone. The cupboard isn't going to be bare next year, but it sure would be nice to have another guy come in to light a little competitive fire in the DL.

No - did not leverage us actually was close to having the pen to the paper but wanted to make sure he could get in in January before he signed and our admissions let all hell break loose....

If he didn't get his grades until Friday, and admissions had to wait until he had his grades, how is that their fault?

A kid choosing a school in the SEC does not automatically mean the kid has poor character or is on the take. But a kid who chooses a school in the SEC just to be in the "SEC" does have questionable character and judgment. No getting around that. Florida under Urban Meyer and Alabama under Saban have been successful programs. LSU to a lesser extent. But the SEC as whole has as much or more crap than any other conference.

I think it's fair game to question the judgment and maturity of a kid who goes to Kentucky or Auburn just to be in the "SEC."

This post is missing. IMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back