• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Huskers make late offer for Mark Smith, 2017 4* PG

We ABSOLUTELY need a kid like this. He is most definitely a long range shooter, take it to the rim, slam it home, juke the defender out of his shoes kinda guy. Man, I like what I've read and watched here, let's hope Miles and Co. can bring this guy to Lincoln.

Last edited:
Looks good, why so late in the game would this kid have so few offers? I get that he was commited to Missouri in baseball, but looks like someone that Nebraska would like. What are the chances of landing him?

Looks good, why so late in the game would this kid have so few offers? I get that he was commited to Missouri in baseball, but looks like someone that Nebraska would like. What are the chances of landing him?
He was completely focused on baseball until last summer when he hurt his pitching arm. He then focused on basketball and has game has really took off since then.

It looks like his game is similar to Websters. Likes to drive the lane to score or create...also has 3 pt range. WOuld be a huge get.

Last edited:

Yes. Recruiting has sort of taken a back seat in the forum discussions while we are nearing Season-end and in the throes of conference tournament and post-season possibilities, as well as the distraction about Tim Miles' future.

Just thought I'd update some of the recruiting news. Of course, a strong finish to the season and post-season would benefit recruiting prospects.

With the uncertainties of injuries, surgeries and new offers there are a lot of possible combinations in line-ups for the upcoming year.

Last edited:
Yes. Recruiting has sort of taken a back seat in the forum discussions while we are nearing Season-end and in the throes of post-season possibilities, as well as the distraction about Tim Miles' future.

Just thought I'd update some of the recruiting news. Of course, a strong finish to the season and post-season would benefit recruiting prospects.

With the uncertainties of injuries, surgeries and new offers there are a lot of possible combinations in line-ups for the upcoming year.
When you click on the article you posted, it says there are close ties to the Husker program. I don't have access to the article. What are the close ties the article headline is referring to? If not Red Don, anyone?

I can't see the article either, but probably just Rivals being Rivals to get subscribers. It may refer to a twitter friendship with Nana Akenten?

I also read where someone heard (friend of a friend) that Smith may have a cousin on the Baseball team & a friend of his may be running track at NU next year.

Last edited:

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back