1. You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.
    Dismiss Notice

Huskers Having a Hard Time Recruiting Tackles?

Discussion in 'Recruiting' started by Twelve String, May 15, 2018.

1. ShortSideOption

ShortSideOption All Big 10 10 Year Member

Throw height being less important in there too.

2. BigMacHusker

BigMacHusker Junior Varsity 10 Year Member

Going back to 2014 here is what we have recruited at OT and their numbers as recruits

Nick Gates 6'5" 270
    Christian Gaylord 6'6" 275
    Matt Farniok 6'5" 297
    Broc Bando 6'5" 280 was said to be an option but more likely to play inside
    Chris Walker 6'6" 275 moved to DE
    Brendan Jaimes 6'5" 250
    Matt Sichterman 6'5" 266

Which one of these guys falls into the needs to be less fat and more lean category?

3. berryhusker

berryhusker Travel Squad 10 Year Member

I was thinking about this recently. With less pure pocket passing and not needing to always 'see' over the lineman, how does that impact who we recruit on the line?

4. Redfish

Redfish Red Shirt 5 Year Member

We have talent, we lacked coaching prowess and player development. The past staff really needed ready to go players, they needed starters from the get go. They were very poor developers of talent. I think you will see major strides in effort, ability and understanding of what is expected of them. And we will see it this year. Significant improvement, but maybe not the most significant in the win column. But I'm betting we don't get hammered 56-14 by OSU again. We were absolutely LUCKY to score in that game.