• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Huskers.com Blog-Shamus McKnight: NU Hoops Blog -- Feb. 2012

GoBigfRed

Varsity
20 Year Member
http://www.huskers.com/ViewArticle.dbml?SPSID=20&SPID=24&DB_LANG=C&DB_OEM_ID=100&atclid=205382086

With the regular season winding down and the Huskers off until tomorrow's game against Illinois, this week was a good week to update fans on the Huskers' five signees from the fall. All of the stats are through last weekend's action. In addition, fans can watch Benny Parker in action tonight (Feb. 17) at 7 p.m. central. (click here for video)

........Benny Parker has been one of the top players in the Kansas City area this year, leading Sumner Academy to a 14-3 record heading into the week. On the season, he is averaging 22.6 points per game over his first 17 games, dishing out 5.9 assists and recording 3.9 steals per game. He is shooting 53 percent from the field and has nearly a 3-to-1 assist-to-turnover ratio. Parker was named the MVP of the Spring Hill Invitational following a 41-point, seven-assist performance in a semifinal win over Spring Hill last month.

Arguably the top player in the KC metro area this year, Shavon Shields is averaging 20.5 points, 8.6 rebounds and 3.5 assists per game for Olathe Northwest High School this season, as the Ravens are 15-1 on the year and ranked third in the state's largest class. The 6-foot-6 guard is shooting 65.6 percent from the field on the season, including 42.3 percent from 3-point range. Shields had a season-high 31 points against Olathe East on Feb. 10, one of 10 20-point games this season and had 12 points, 10 rebounds and eight assists in a win over Shawnee Mission East. .......

Much more in the blog

Sounds like a decent group (not that I haven't thought or said the same before)... the question will be: will these kids stick around if there's a coaching change?

Sounds like a decent group (not that I haven't thought or said the same before)... the question will be: will these kids stick around if there's a coaching change?

Something to think about, and something brought up by Sam McKewon on the radio today.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back