• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Husker Super Bowl streak continues

The Saints got robbed by maybe the worst -- most obvious -- pass interference no call -- I have ever seen.
In today's slow-motion stop action video ... yes it was a PI. Even without it ... yes it was PI. But watch the play in real time without benefit of the replay ... it was more of a bam-bam play than most would admit. What was more egregious IMO is that the hit was high at the head-neck level with helmet to helmet contact.

Last edited:
Burkhead scores the game winning touchdown! Go Rex!

And Tom Brady and Bill Belichick can die in an apartment fire. Put the Pats up there with the Buffaloes and Longhorns in my book. Bunch of cheating turdballs.
Way way way over the top imo! It's a freaken SPORT and wishing anyone to die for winning is beyond ridiculous........... Even saying it in jest is over the line imo!

Last edited:
I'm pretty sure there at least needs to be an " * " on this record... Didn't we count the practice team as counting as being on a SB team a couple years ago? IMO that ends the streak, but everyone else can say it's still going with an * :)

Odd that Cal should get credit for Vince.
Ferragamo started out at Cal before transferring to Nebraska. I believe Steve Bartkowski had beat him out, so--much like today's supposedly "selfish" QBs--he transferred to another passing school (that would be Osborne's early Nebraska teams) to get a shot at playing time and the NFL.

Ferragamo started out at Cal before transferring to Nebraska. I believe Steve Bartkowski had beat him out, so--much like today's supposedly "selfish" QBs--he transferred to another passing school (that would be Osborne's early Nebraska teams) to get a shot at playing time and the NFL.
I realize that but since he left cal early I don’t think they should claim him, kind of like Oklahoma claiming aikman.

https://collegefootballtalk.nbcspor...rgia-leads-all-schools-in-super-bowl-players/

It appears no asterisks is needed.

There's another Husker mentioned in this article!

I think this is the year I'm talking about...

When Super Bowl 50 began Sunday night, the Nebraska Cornhuskers had a representative on the field for the 23rd consecutive year -- a streak that leads all college football programs.

Linebacker Zaire Anderson, who is signed to the Denver Broncos' practice squad, was the team's representative in this year's iteration of the biggest and most grandiose sporting event the globe offers.​

https://www.ketv.com/article/red-re...ountry-with-23-year-super-bowl-streak/7657972

I think it should count if a player is on IR, like Mike Brown was, but not on the practice team.

That said, if the football world wants to count it then I won't fight it. :)

Last edited:

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back