• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Husker RB Recruit Ronald Tompkins Tore His ACL On Saturday Had Surgery Today

I tried to search social media and couldn't find anything definitive. I did see where someone said his cousin said it was an ACL. It sure looks like an ACL failure to me.

I'm assuming our offer to him will stay firm, but this makes it even more imperative that we find a replacement for Grayson. I'm glad we have Held recruiting the position.

I'm assuming our offer to him will stay firm, but this makes it even more imperative that we find a replacement for Grayson. I'm glad we have Held recruiting the position.

If he was going to tear his knee beginning of the season was the time to do it. Gives him more than enough time to heal.

We will not pull the offer. Would look band for one thing not to mention kill recruiting in that area.

I tried to search social media and couldn't find anything definitive. I did see where someone said his cousin said it was an ACL. It sure looks like an ACL failure to me.

The way he planted that leg was not good. I never screwed up a knee at RB but had a buddy who blew his out really bad. Good thing is today is medicine has come so far that they can repair knees for the most part so they are almost as good as new.

A tear in both knees though is a bit concerning at the position.

IF a guy really tore an ACL and tore the other one last year would it really be a major crime to pull a scholarship offer? Or at least be thorough in some sort of medical exam before letting him sign? I get that you dont want to use a hang nail as an excuse because you found a better prospect. But i don't think an offer needs to be written in blood if circumstances legitimately change.

IF a guy really tore an ACL and tore the other one last year would it really be a major crime to pull a scholarship offer? Or at least be thorough in some sort of medical exam before letting him sign? I get that you dont want to use a hang nail as an excuse because you found a better prospect. But i don't think an offer needs to be written in blood if circumstances legitimately change.

IMO, it's best to honor the offer. I think it's the right thing to do and you get the scholarship back on a medical if he gets here and just can't go. He's also a considerable talent and ACL repairs are much better than they used to be. I'd much rather have him come to Nebraska, even if he ultimately can't make it work, than see him go somewhere else and excel.

IMO, it's best to honor the offer. I think it's the right thing to do and you get the scholarship back on a medical if he gets here and just can't go. He's also a considerable talent and ACL repairs are much better than they used to be. I'd much rather have him come to Nebraska, even if he ultimately can't make it work, than see him go somewhere else and excel.

While I agree with Bilsker on maybe pulling the offer, if he can get a medical after he gets here and doesn't count on the 85 then I think the good will by staying with the kid will be worth more in the long run. I just don't know how that Medical thing works.

Just an absolute bummer for the kid. Now, do we do the Bama, tOSU, Mich thing and go quiet on the kid, or do we see him through this. IMO, even though surgery repair is much better than it used to be there's no guarantee he will come back full strength. That said, I'd stay with him and see how his recovery goes.

I'm of the mind that you committed to the kid, and you should stay committed to him. If it turns out he's not going to be able to play at UNL, then move him to being a trainer or whatever on full scholarship (medical hardship). I don't think there is much to be gained from playing by the "rules" that the slimeballs use. Show that when you commit to a kid, you are committing to him (a la Zack Darlington). I know what the "business" side says, but UNL doesn't have to do that.

Just an absolute bummer for the kid. Now, do we do the Bama, tOSU, Mich thing and go quiet on the kid, or do we see him through this. IMO, even though surgery repair is much better than it used to be there's no guarantee he will come back full strength. That said, I'd stay with him and see how his recovery goes.

I don't see HCSF ever going Saban/Urb/Harbaugh on something like this. Not in his DNA...

I wonder if he will be able to make his OV on Sept. 8th? Wasn't Pappoe planning to come with him?

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back