• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Husker MBB Open Practice/Preview on Wed, Oct 24th @ 5pm @ PBA (& VIDEO LINK)

I didn't get to watch the whole thing. The teams really don't reflect who will play together, but it looked very rough. I don't know if Akenten or Chan can add much to the rotation, but they will be needed. Heiman looks like he will be able to play in the future, but not sure it will be much this year.

I didn't get to watch the whole thing. The teams really don't reflect who will play together, but it looked very rough. I don't know if Akenten or Chan can add much to the rotation, but they will be needed. Heiman looks like he will be able to play in the future, but not sure it will be much this year.
I think Akenten is too athletic not to play. Unless he is completely clueless on defense.

I think Akenten is too athletic not to play. Unless he is completely clueless on defense.

This. He was completely clueless on defense last year which is why he didn’t play a lot. He’s really athletic and a good shooter, at least in high school and warmups. Have no doubt he can knock down open shots. Defense has to stop being Swiss cheese. I think it was more mental than effort, that’s my hope anyway because there’s no way someone that athletic and long CAN’T play defense, at that point they choose not to.

This. He was completely clueless on defense last year which is why he didn’t play a lot. He’s really athletic and a good shooter, at least in high school and warmups. Have no doubt he can knock down open shots. Defense has to stop being Swiss cheese. I think it was more mental than effort, that’s my hope anyway because there’s no way someone that athletic and long CAN’T play defense, at that point they choose not to.
Nana's body language seems to say "I can play at this level" but he hasn't shown that he can. Thorir has the same sort of body language, but he's shown that he's definitely not ready to be the focus of EU defenses. I don't know what to think about those two. Amir White looks far more ready to play than Nana.

Funny part of the introductions was Karrington Davis wheeling around on his scooter (he's post surgery)... he was having fun with it. I hope he's recovered for next year.

Last edited:

Nana was a guy this staff was really high on for his shooting ability, but agree with you he has to be able to play defense effectively or he will only play in spurts.

Watched it from up close. Hope they were leg weary cause it was some nasty looking shooting. Burke is very quick, wish he could play this year. Heiman needs 2 red shirts. Chan is no Evan Taylor in terms of a late steal. More like he stole a scholarship. Nana a highlight real but no consistency and struggles to know what the hell to do. Borchardt with a total body transformation; he will need to play some. Overall, disappointing.

It wasn’t very sharp but I’m not all that worried yet. I thought Chan would at least be serviceable from a deep bench perspective, perhaps not though. Definitely no Evan Taylor indeed. I like Thor’s game, it just may not translate to this level, but he has some decent ball skills.

I think an exhibition and a scrimmage is a little early to write off any player.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back