• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked How much of an impact do you think Nebraska’s spring game has as a recruiting tool?

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Huskers' spring game on April 15 is poised to be one of the most important dates on NU's recruiting calendar. Several of Nebraska's top targets are expected to attend, including many that rank among the nation's top-100 recruits. How important of a recruiting tool is it for NU?

http://www.omaha.com/how-much-of-an...oll_1b41c98c-0e92-11e7-a831-db126ce666f1.html
I think it is huge.Lots of recruits not only get a good view of UNL,they get to meet and know each other.I think it is a very important tool.JMO.

Me too...when maybe what 60,000 fans for the spring game...wow
This is key. Imagine you are a kid from Miami or LA. You go to watch the local team play a game (UCLA, Miami, USC) You see that the stadium is only about half full. Then you go to DONU spring game. The stadium is 3/4 or more full. You wave to think. "Damn these folks really love their football." That has got to play into your decision. You meet other great athletes, they are all equally impressed. gotta play into it.

To prove the point USC home attendance numbers last year.
2016 Attendance Numbers:
vs. Utah State: 62,487
vs. ASU: 71,214
vs. Colorado: 68,302
vs. Cal: 61,725
vs. Oregon: 74,625
vs. Notre Dame: 72,402
So these are actual games and we match it for the spring game. In a similarly sized stadium.
Miami's stadium is only about 65K and they can not sell it out average was 58,572 and that is up 23% from the year before. when they averaged below 45 K.

Absolutely huge. Would like to know who the 13 people that voted "not important" are...

To prove the point USC home attendance numbers last year.
2016 Attendance Numbers:
vs. Utah State: 62,487
vs. ASU: 71,214
vs. Colorado: 68,302
vs. Cal: 61,725
vs. Oregon: 74,625
vs. Notre Dame: 72,402
So these are actual games and we match it for the spring game. In a similarly sized stadium.
Miami's stadium is only about 65K and they can not sell it out average was 58,572 and that is up 23% from the year before. when they averaged below 45 K.
I am surprised they only got 72k for Notre Dame.

If you're a high school kid who's used to playing in front to 5 - 10k people, 65k for a SPRING GAME has to get your attention. And then someone mentions the consecutive sellout streak and the NCAA record Academic All-Americans. And the facilities. It certainly would give me something to think about.

Tonight at 10 eastern BTN is rebroadcasting the NWU spring game. The field looks like a pop warner field in a city park. IF there were fans there you could not hear them. Just sad.

Tonight at 10 eastern BTN is rebroadcasting the NWU spring game. The field looks like a pop warner field in a city park. IF there were fans there you could not hear them. Just sad.
Went there when huskers beat them 29-28. Beautiful field but tiny. I was in row 77 and my niece was across the field in row 6 and I could almost read her shirt. Is an alley on one side. TINYYYYYY

The effect nowadays is huge for recruiting...an edge over the teams that treat the Spring game more like we did in the 60's, 70's and 80's...and even the early 90's. Callahan really was the guy who built up the Spring game, though there were a few years of fairly large attendance before him.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back