• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

How many wins would meet your expectations

What is the minimum number of wins that would make you feel they met expectations this year?

Results are only viewable after voting.
All of the “negative” above is true, and more. I don’t think people understand how bad Riley and crew were, what a dumpster fire they left. We have ZERO depth at CB and OT. A couple injuries there and we are in deep kimshee. This would have been probably a 2 win season had Nice Mike not gotten canned.

My expectation is 6 wins, but injuries to the wrong positions and it could be lower. I’m hoping for 7 maybe 8. If Frost can win 9, I’m begging him to come out to my lake next July because it would be really cool to see someone walk on water.
I'm actually ok with our OL/OT depth. But you are right, the depth at DB and WR when the staff showed up, they were floored fans were clamoring for Coach Williams x 2 to be retained due to recruiting. Donte Williams probably not fair since he was here less than a year, but the point remains.

I heard that too. He said he heard that Scott Frost thinks there's less talent on this Husker team than on the 0-12 UCF team he inherited. Ouch!

Look at last year's all-B1G teams. We had 0 first teamers, 1 second teamer (Stanley Morgan), and 0 third teamers. You can't blame that entirely on bad coaching. That points to serious lack of talent.

Add to that a brutal schedule.

Put me down for 6 wins, 7 if we catch some breaks. Any more than that is gravy for me.
I would agree with others that he is just trying to make sure we don't set expectations too high. Now, I may be able to be convinced this team has less talent on it for what he wanted to run on offense, but that's about it.

Anything less than 7 is not good. The team is just one season removed from 9 wins. I have seen two true freshman win NC's so the idea of an NU QB can't win 7 is ludicrous.

C

I have no expectations to meet because it is not the goal but the game, and not the victory but the action that counts.

But I do have a prediction. NU will be the 2018 Big 10 West Champion, Martinez will be the Big 10 Newcomer of the year, and our players will fight the werewolves like there is no tomorrow.

Last edited:

I have no expectations to meet because it is not the goal but the game, and not the victory but the action that counts.

But I do have a prediction. NU will be the 2018 Big West Champion, Martinez will be the Big 10 Newcomer of the year, and our players will fight the werewolves like there is no tomorrow.
That would be amazing since we are not even a member of that conference.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Big_West_Conference

Now the Big 10 west or even the B1G West it might happen.

Anything less than 7 is not good. The team is just one season removed from 9 wins. I have seen two true freshman win NC's so the idea of an NU QB can't win 7 is ludicrous.

C
Completely agree. If we win 6 or less, I will be personally disappointed. I won't be happy about it, even if we play good, yet still lose. I don't like to lose, and will not find a 6 - 6 or less record acceptable under any circumstances. I voted 8 and think we can better that too. GBR!!!

Bottom Line: Regardless of the expectations and the actual results...

THIS SEASON IS GOING TO BE FUN!

We get to play Wisconsin, Michigan and Ohio State in the same season! We essentially have a schedule that includes 3 major bowl games! Hoohah!

"We have a plan to restore the order in short order. We are going to put that 4-8 nonsense behind us real quick.

5aa9c78b3f223.image.jpg

Last edited:
Win totals honestly don’t matter for me this year. Playing the game the right way does.

Because seriously, win total predictions are just shorthand talk for “is coach on the hot seat or not?"

As many have speculated, SF should/will/hopefully get plenty of time to right this ship.

It’s really our only option. We don’t have any others.

Last edited:

I think there is some accuracy in the lack of talent that they inherited. Not because there isn't underlying talent but that it was so poorly developed that it couldn't be seen. While teams like Wisconsin was turning 3 stars into 4's we were backing everyone up a star. Conditioning being the number one thing. Just think back to all the pro-day performances and the lack of weight reps our guys were doing.

I think this is going to be a huge factor this year but not sure we are anywhere close to what we want or need to be. I think it amounts to 6-7 wins and some much closer games. However.....I also think (maybe call it hope) that development exceeds the speed curve and we look like the talent we recruited.

I'm not measuring this season in wins and losses. This team was so in the toilet the past 3 years that this staff has its work cut out for them. That said, I expect a bowl bid. I expect to see a team that competes and cares. I think by the 3/4 mark of the season this team will be dangerous. Maybe it will come together faster, who knows, but I think it will be nice watching this team get better and better. 6+ wins, that's the floor. How high is the ceiling? Gonna be fun to find out.

I think 6 wins could/should be expected. I'm happy with anything more than that. I'll be disappointed to not make a bowl. I don't anticipate competing with the best of the conference quite yet so total wins this season doesn't matter much to me. Get guys experience and build a winning mentality so the team is ready to take on anyone in the next few seasons.

GET TICKETS

Back