• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

How many hours a week do you honestly work versus ...

WestTexasHusker

All Legend
10 Year Member
screwing around on HMax?

I’m guessing I work about 2 hours a week, and am on HMax 15 hours per week.

I realize everyone has their own “comfort zone” ratio but this one seems to be working well for me at this time.

I am technically retired but run a small photography/videography business from my home. I'm on Husker Max every time I turn around between video editing and photo editing. I wouldn't even know where to begin with an honest answer of time working versus time on HM. It really seems to be equal out of basically a 15 to 20 hour week.

I work about 8-10 a day and im on HM for at least an hour a day. Lately it's been more than that.

I am technically retired but run a small photography/videography business from my home. I'm on Husker Max every time I turn around between video editing and photo editing. I wouldn't even know where to begin with an honest answer of time working versus time on HM. It really seems to be equal out of basically a 15 to 20 hour week.
I’m retired too,and spend a ton of time on the Max.Really enjoy this site.

i have HMX open usually, but probably spend about 30 min a day, more in season, and the week after recruiting day in early feb, and spring game, and summer conditioning, and after a committment, and a coaching change, and....

I honestly "work" 40 + hours a week. Fortunately, my job allows me to multi-task so I can have HM up in a browser while I'm doing other stuff.
I work from home. On a lot of conference calls, I can mute them and goof around on HM.

Well I guess I'm the only idiot out here that really puts in the hours... I've worked 6 days a week since 1979, probably average somewhere near 50 hours a week. I never used to get on Max during the day but got a Macbook a few years back that I take to work so I can keep up with all you retired guys. Max is always on my home system and I probably spend at least 2 to 3 hours daily.GBR

Some, you wonder how on earth they post so much. One might not want them on your payroll. I damn sure wouldn’t. No possible way one can post as much as some and still work to draw a paycheck. Be hard to do a great job wherever one works and post 50 posts a day, but it’s seemngly the world we live in. I’d prolly call that dead weight and a lousy employee. Then again, if all the dead weight in this country was weeded out, the unemployment in this country would be higher than 50%.

Some, you wonder how on earth they post so much. One might not want them on your payroll. I damn sure wouldn’t. No possible way one can post as much as some and still work to draw a paycheck. Be hard to do a great job wherever one works and post 50 posts a day, but it’s seemngly the world we live in. I’d prolly call that dead weight and a lousy employee. Then again, if all the dead weight in this country was weeded out, the unemployment in this country would be higher than 50%.
A lot of it depends on the type of job you have. For a while, I was in a role that was similar to that of a fire fighter. I needed to be there in case something happened, but a lot of it was just waiting. I would try to seek out things to do (and did significantly more than my peers, which is why I'm in my current role), but sometimes there just simply wasn't anything to do.

Things are very different for me now. My daytime posting is much less, usually limited to when I'm on a conference call that only loosely involves me.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back