• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

How good is the B1G, and how much better will it be in 2019?

Some say this is the best Bama team in recent history. tOSU’s run defense is suspect. No doubt Haskins is the real deal but I don’t think there is enough there to stay w the Tide. Washington? Yeah they should handle them but I wouldn’t lay the 6.5.
"Some say" that Michigan was supposed to beat OSU. I watched the SEC championship game: Alabama isn't superhuman. OSU's rushing defense was infinitely better than it's pass defense, at least until White took over at Safety. It was spread offenses that gave them trouble. They would have been a tough out for 'Bama.

Even Illinois is intriguing. I'm curious to see how much difference it will make having a new DC for them. I think that Lovie was maybe a little too loyal there. They could be a dangerous team next year, but the expectation is that they'll screw it up somehow. What if they don't?

Illinois isn’t allowed nice things. Sorta a rule.

Its kind of interesting that back in July when posters tried to point out how difficult the schedule was going to be in 2018 that there was a rash of people pointing out that the Big West was loaded with a bunch of mediocre teams that wouldn't present a challenge.

"Some say" that Michigan was supposed to beat OSU. I watched the SEC championship game: Alabama isn't superhuman. OSU's rushing defense was infinitely better than it's pass defense, at least until White took over at Safety. It was spread offenses that gave them trouble. They would have been a tough out for 'Bama.
Well I watched the Purdue-tOSU game. Don’t think Bama had a day like that against arguably a tougher conference schedule.

Well I watched the Purdue-tOSU game. Don’t think Bama had a day like that against arguably a tougher conference schedule.
I watched the Purdue game, too. I was also one of the most outspoken people before the Nebraska-OSU game saying that Nebraska matched up well and had a good chance to win. I also said immediately after that game that I thought OSU would be a different team when they had everybody back and healthy before the Michigan game. They simply aren't the same team now that they were back then.

As for the SEC we'll see how good they are when everything is over. Nobody questions that Alabama is about as elite as they come, but the rest of the conference is no better than the B1G in my opinion. Head-to-head, top-to-bottom, the B1G would win a lot more games because they'd win almost everything in the middle.

I watched the Purdue game, too. I was also one of the most outspoken people before the Nebraska-OSU game saying that Nebraska matched up well and had a good chance to win. I also said immediately after that game that I thought OSU would be a different team when they had everybody back and healthy before the Michigan game. They simply aren't the same team now that they were back then.

As for the SEC we'll see how good they are when everything is over. Nobody questions that Alabama is about as elite as they come, but the rest of the conference is no better than the B1G in my opinion. Head-to-head, top-to-bottom, the B1G would win a lot more games because they'd win almost everything in the middle.
Winning games in the middle? Are you looking for mediocrity? I think that’s probably not true either. Teams like Florida, A&M, LSU, Auburn, Miss St, Kentucky, Missouri are so much better than the middle of the B1G. At the top there is Bama and Georgia. Plus do you recall the flotsam that B1G lost to in the early season games? I think you are trying a little too hard to protect the home turf. It’s the SEC as the #1 conference until proven otherwise.

Yikes...
SEC 104
B1G 29

Its kind of interesting that back in July when posters tried to point out how difficult the schedule was going to be in 2018 that there was a rash of people pointing out that the Big West was loaded with a bunch of mediocre teams that wouldn't present a challenge.
Those same folk are claiming 11-1 in 2019

everyone of them were beatable by our transition outfit

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back