• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked Houston Griffith commits to Florida St

Status
Not open for further replies.

Costa Rica Red

Scout Team
5 Year Member
This is part of a report from the 3 Stripe camp in St. Louis by Nate Clouse. I thought it deserves it's own thread. Houston is Howard Griffith's son.

Houston Griffith, the No. 42 overall ranked prospect in the nation had yet another very strong showing at the Rivals Camp Sunday in St. Louis. Last year, in Kansas City, Griffith showed that he was one of the top rising underclassmen in the nation and today he raised the bar even higher based off of his performance.

The 6-foot-1, 192-pound prospect left no doubt that he could play cornerback at the next level. He has great length and strength proved to be a major problem for wideouts to contend with in press coverage. There were several times when Griffith didn't even allow the receiver to get off the line. In off-man coverage he showed the ability to run to receivers on the deep ball and break on shorter routes. His overall versatility will allow him to play corner or safety at the next level.

As far as recruiting goes, it appeared that the Huskers were all but out of the running for him a few short months ago, but that is not the case any longer. He's visited Nebraska once and there is a very good chance that he makes it to NU's Friday Night Lights camp in June. Griffith mentioned that he speaks with Nebraska cornerbacks coach Donte Williams at least three times a week and that one of his good friends and current teammates at IMG Academy, NU commit Brendan Radley-Hiles, is always in his ear talking about the Huskers.

https://nebraska.rivals.com/news/five-quick-thoughts-from-the-st-louis-rivals-3-stripe-camp

Last edited:

So for this recruiting cycle we had a top WR class. Looks like next year we may be a top DB class.

I wish. I have not met him. My daughter and son met him a few years ago in Bellevue at the funeral of my mother-in-law. Both said he was a super nice, gracious man.
I believe that is probably true. Many folks on TV seem nis but you are not sure. Others you can just sort of tell are nice folks. They are usually the guys who are not afraid to joke about themselves. Just like I have no evidence but I bet Shaq is a nice guy.

Just wanted to post a little somethin'-somethin' for all the conspiracy theorists to ponder...

From an interview he did yesterday with Gus Ramos over at 247:

"Down at IMG he struck a close bond with four-star Brendan Radley-Hiles. Both are expected to play major roles for the Ascenders defense in 2017. The possibility of them playing together at the next level is still an option."

“It’s going to be a great opportunity for both us to be on the field together. We can change things and hopefully bring Nebraska to where they used to be.”

Just wanted to post a little somethin'-somethin' for all the conspiracy theorists to ponder...

From an interview he did yesterday with Gus Ramos over at 247:

"Down at IMG he struck a close bond with four-star Brendan Radley-Hiles. Both are expected to play major roles for the Ascenders defense in 2017. The possibility of them playing together at the next level is still an option."

“It’s going to be a great opportunity for both us to be on the field together. We can change things and hopefully bring Nebraska to where they used to be.”
:nod: And that's all I'm going to say about that.

The addition of Griffith and the Moore brothers would move our 247 score up to 226.32. That would be good enough for #5 in the team rankings.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back