• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

HOL HD: Troy Walters Husker Nation Tour

Thanks, Navy! Coach Walters is an engaging guy - good speaker.

Asked about the receivers group - "I think we can be the best in the country!"

"The guys here at Nebraska have really picked up this offense faster than the guys at UCF did." (attributes that to coaches being together for the third year now..)

"We don't see the schedule this year as pressure - we see it as opportunity....if we want to be the best, we have to beat the best...you can't go through the motions...we're going to take on all comers."

GBR!

Last edited:
Thanks, Navy! Coach Walters is an engaging guy - good speaker.

Asked about the receivers group - "I think we can be the best in the country!"

"The guys here at Nebraska have really picked up this offense faster than the guys at UCF did." (attributes that to coaches being together for the third year now..)

"We don't see the schedule this year as pressure - we see it as opportunity....if we want to be the best, we have to beat the best...you can't go through the motions...we're going to take on all comers."

GBR!
They're looking forward to this tough schedule...really feeling up for the challenge.

The bravado feels as good now as it has for each of the past 17 (or so) summers. It's all those skid marks when the rubber has met the road of good intentions that makes me a bit cautious...not necessarily a skeptic mind you. Life would be miserable without sampling the koolaid now and then.

The bravado feels as good now as it has for each of the past 17 (or so) summers. It's all those skid marks when the rubber has met the road of good intentions that makes me a bit cautious...not necessarily a skeptic mind you. Life would be miserable without sampling the koolaid now and then.

p0nec.jpg

I'm admittedly on a red koolaid bender....but your post is a reminder of the reality we face this season. Skid marks are part of the deal, too, as we all know - very few teams have perfect seasons - and even those that do have close calls along the way.

I'll be satisfied if this team just keeps up the fight once they get hit in the mouth, instead of running home to momma like last years team. It's not going to be pretty all of the time, and I know that.

I can take getting beaten; what I can't take is a football team with all of these resources including all these highly paid coaches giving less than max effort in the face of adversity.

Love the interview. We have arguably the toughest schedule in the entirety of CF. If we somehow manage 10-2 or 9-3 I will be amazed. At Michigan, OSU, at NW, and MSU at home? This is a brutal schddule.

I haven’t felt this good about Husker football during a single other summer this century. Doesn’t mean I expect greatness this season, but the signs will be there that we will spend the next 20 years in the national spotlight.

Love the interview. We have arguably the toughest schedule in the entirety of CF. If we somehow manage 10-2 or 9-3 I will be amazed. At Michigan, OSU, at NW, and MSU at home? This is a brutal schddule.

It is definitely a brutal schedule, most difficult schedule this year of any new coach. I do hope that the coaches stick to their mantra with the team, that improvement is measured by gains by individuals and by the team, not number of wins and losses. That said, knowing this staff, they are using the schedule as yet another motivator for our kids to mine every ounce of effort in preparing for it. "If you want to be the best, you have to beat the best" will be uttered a time or two this fall. I'm sure we'll take some knocks this year, but we'll also be on the journey of DEVELOPING PLAYERS - something we have not seen in the recent past. We should be tougher at schedule's end than we are against Akron. Then, to get to a bowl game and get that extra month of practice - with all of the live reps that these guys get in practice - it will be a great head start toward the 2019 season, and beyond.

Coach Walters gave us some news about summer training. He said the coaches only get with the players for 2 hours per week and it is just in the meeting rooms.

He said coach Duval is the only one working directly with the players on the field and in the weight room. The players are using their free time to study film and do 7 on 7 player-led practices.

Most important, he said the players are excited about the upcoming season and are using the 6-win magazine predictions as a motivator.

Last edited:

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back