• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Hoiberg

It might be a guess on his part and then if it does happen he can claim it came from him first. I just take this kind of stuff with a "grain of salt".

And so what? We've all been talking the same thing & there's a whole lot more fans out there in public, than on this board, talking about the same thing. Miles has to have heard things and anyway, he kNows his job is on shaky ground.

So, who is this "tweeter" Jeff Goodman of Stadium? Does he have inside info or is this his opinion?
I think he's the guy who did the long form audo interview with Miles about 3 weeks ago that had the "I'm a millionaire" statement in it that Sipple took out of context.

I think he's the guy who did the long form audo interview with Miles about 3 weeks ago that had the "I'm a millionaire" statement in it that Sipple took out of context.

Somehow I missed that interview. I was wondering where that "millionaire" statement came from. Thanks. :)

It still doesn't tell me if he knows anything. :Biggrin:

So, who is this "tweeter" Jeff Goodman of Stadium? Does he have inside info or is this his opinion?

He does a show with Doug Gottlieb and they had Izzo on for the selection show, so he's not likely a guy living in his mother's basement. I don't know if he really knows anything but he does seem to have a modicum of credibility.

Goodman also tweeted that Valpo's 7'1" center is looking to be a grad transfer but is also testing the NBA waters. I saw a couple of Valpo games. I think he could be useful.

And the HM faithful wonder why I’m critical of Moos. This is a poor way to treat Miles.

The only real conclusion one can reach if you've got your knickers twisted over Moos pursuing Fred Hoiberg is that you enjoy wearing twisted knickers. There are currently 20 openings, a few of which are higher profile than NU. Moos should be out making a deal. There was a rumor that Miles may join the K-State staff. If you're going to hammer Moos, you better hammer Miles for being distracted from the job he has. The truth is everyone has known the outcome for a while now and are just doing what they need to do.

If Moos manages to land Hoiberg, we might end up putting a statue of Moos in between Memorial Stadium and PBA. I know folks are reluctant to give him credit for Frost but he had to convince Davison and, more importantly, TO that it was safe for Frost to come home. Actual news of his pursuit of Frost was pretty hard to find, so he kept the chatter to as low a level as he humanly could. He allowed Frost and his staff to stay UCF for the bowl game. In short, he didn't screw it up. That's much better than we've had in the AD chair for most of the last twenty years. Hoiberg would be a major coup for Husker hoops. It may or may not work out but it would represent the first time we have made a genuine effort to be more than mediocre at basketball.

Last edited:

Correct

Somehow I missed that interview. I was wondering where that "millionaire" statement came from. Thanks. :)

It still doesn't tell me if he knows anything. :Biggrin:

All of the stories from him, and others, claim to be quoting “a source”. Hard to say which camp said source is from.

He does a show with Doug Gottlieb and they had Izzo on for the selection show, so he's not likely a guy living in his mother's basement. I don't know if he really knows anything but he does seem to have a modicum of credibility.

Oh, okay. Thanks wheat. At least somebody seems to have heard of him. :)

I know folks are reluctant to give him credit for Frost but he had to convince Davison and, more importantly, TO that it was safe for Frost to come home. He also allowed Frost and his staff to stay UCF for the bowl game. In short, he didn't screw it up.

Right on. :Rockon:

Then Moos had to convince Scott, who said that if it wasn't for Moos he wouldn't be here.

So an AD can’t talk to another potential candidate in season? Until the firing? What are the parameters?
It’s chicken-bleep to have this news get out. Don’t you have any respect for the current team? The current assistants and their families? Miles? Are you that Big Red blind that you can no longer treat people with respect? Sorry, but Nebraska used to be classier than this. They treated their coaches well. Not anymore. This kinda crap is bush league and there is plenty of blame from Hank, Ronnie and Moos to share equally.

Honestly it’s embarrasing for DONU.

Last edited:
It’s chicken-bleep to have this news get out. Don’t you have any respect for the current team? The current assistants and their families? Miles? Are you that Big Red blind that you can no longer treat people with respect? Sorry, but Nebraska used to be classier than this. They treated their coaches well. Not anymore. This kinda crap is bush league and there is plenty of blame from Hank, Ronnie and Moos to share equally.

social media has changed everything!

UMMM, Miles is real good friends with the Dude that first "reported" it. So there is that.

Unless you have some evidence that Moos is the source of the leak, then criticizing Moos for it is equally chicken-bleep. Yes, it would be better if it had been kept quiet but that's hard to do in this day and age. It's not rational to expect Moos to sit back and wait if he has already decided to move on. That's a good way to end up with Uncle Festus as coach. It's a big boy business and a coaching change should not come as a surprise to anyone that has paid even the slightest attention to the season.

Unless you have some evidence that Moos is the source of the leak, then criticizing Moos for it is equally chicken-bleep. Yes, it would be better if it had been kept quiet but that's hard to do in this day and age. It's not rational to expect Moos to sit back and wait if he has already decided to move on. That's a good way to end up with Uncle Festus as coach. It's a big boy business and a coaching change should not come as a surprise to anyone that has paid even the slightest attention to the season.

It is such a silly argument that Oracle is attempting to present.

I'd challenge anyone to pinpoint a coaching search for a Power Five program -- any sport -- within this decade -- that didn't have rumors floating online.

It will take major league bucks to land Hoiberg. Hoiberg does not need this gig. Yes, Hoiberg might like the challenge of turning the corner with the Huskers or he may see it as a career ending job if he does not succeed. Why would he want to come to NU?

If Moos manages to land Hoiberg, we might end up putting a statue of Moos in between Memorial Stadium and PBA. I know folks are reluctant to give him credit for Frost but he had to convince Davison and, more importantly, TO that it was safe for Frost to come home. Actual news of his pursuit of Frost was pretty hard to find, so he kept the chatter to as low a level as he humanly could. He allowed Frost and his staff to stay UCF for the bowl game. In short, he didn't screw it up. That's much better than we've had in the AD chair for most of the last twenty years. Hoiberg would be a major coup for Husker hoops. It may or may not work out but it would represent the first time we have made a genuine effort to be more than mediocre at basketball.

If Moos can somehow manage to pull Hoiberg, call the sculptor and have them start working up designs of him with a glass of bourbon in one hand and a piece of pie in the other, standing over the vanquished corpse of Oracle.

So you’re bothered the news “got out”. Who released it? Oddly, guy who is buds with Miles and just did a very friendly interview with him is the one spouting it. Why are you putting this on Moos? Do you have inside info on the “source”? Of course you don’t, because your butthurt for Moos didn’t let it get that far. As I anticipated, your arguments here are a bunch of half truths and gorilla dust, no offense.

If Moos can somehow manage to pull Hoiberg, call the sculptor and have them start working up designs of him with a glass of bourbon in one hand and a piece of pie in the other, standing over the vanquished corpse of Oracle.
I assume this would be a bourbon fountain, overflowing and open to the public, yes?

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back