• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Help with BTN

I have Cox cable, added the Sports and Entertainment package for $10.00 and got all the HUSKER games that weren't on BTN last year. I cancel it after the season and then pick it up again next season. I have no buffering, which just kills that one guy. :Lol:

PSVue. i run it from late August to as long as need be, depending on how the men's bball team is playing, then i cancel it the rest of the year and start it up again for football season. easy cheesy. $35 a month and it comes with a DVR. the DVR isn't somethat will store games for you indefinately, but i have other techy tricks up my sleeve for capturing NU football games and archiving them on Bluray. but for watching BTN, thats what i do. If you want to go the super cheap route, find a friend who has cable with BTN, and ask them if you can use their login. you can watch BTN for free that way.

We just tested it for football season. The interface takes a little getting used to as it is show based as opposed to channel based. You tell it what shows you like and it finds the show and records it. It was nice for football as I just selected Nebraska as my college football team and it recorded all of the games regardless of channel. The playback feature was kind of annoying in there is no FF option, just a 10 second skip ahead. Made it a pain to FF through commercials, but I think that was the point. I didn’t mind it but my wife didn’t like it, so when just stuck with directv for now.
i tried HULU live and while i liked it overall, the dvr aspect of it was wonky. seemed a lot more confusing then need be. especially if you're accustomed to a "guide" view where you find the channel, find the show and time, hit a button to record it. HULU is more "show" based, like you said, vs a more time orientated DVR set up. works great for shows but it was a little harder to figure out for recording sports. the first NU game i recorded, i literally COULD NOT find it. the only way i eventually found it was through a random link on the HULU interface that popped up cause we had just happened to watch an NU volleyball game the night before. it was weird.
I'm not that crazy about the PSVue DVR interface for recording sports either, but i found it easier then HULU.

i tried HULU live and while i liked it overall, the dvr aspect of it was wonky. seemed a lot more confusing then need be. especially if you're accustomed to a "guide" view where you find the channel, find the show and time, hit a button to record it. HULU is more "show" based, like you said, vs a more time orientated DVR set up. works great for shows but it was a little harder to figure out for recording sports. the first NU game i recorded, i literally COULD NOT find it. the only way i eventually found it was through a random link on the HULU interface that popped up cause we had just happened to watch an NU volleyball game the night before. it was weird.
I'm not that crazy about the PSVue DVR interface for recording sports either, but i found it easier then HULU.

So I have to decide whether it’s worth paying $100/mo more for cable or listen to my wife complain about the confusing interface of a streaming service. Hmm.

Cable it is, for now :Lol:

Likely get a Dish or DirectTV startup promo next. That’ll cut the cable bill in half.

Last edited:

I'll echo Youtube TV as it has tons of Sports Content including BTN for about $35. They also have a trial period and they'll send out a Chromecast upon sign up. Streaming from you Laptop or Phone gives you a few options.

Last edited:

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back