• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked Harbaugh hires father of 2019 #1 Dual Threat QB

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wonder if the mom is still employed by UM? Or does he dump them off after the kid is gone?

Did anybody read the article?

He spent a decade coaching in the NFL from 2000-2010 -- making stops with the Atlanta Falcons, the Baltimore Ravens (with John Harbaugh) and the San Francisco 49ers the year before Jim Harbaugh became the team's head coach.

Johnson was San Francisco's offensive coordinator in 2010. He went on to become UCLA's offensive coordinator in 2011. He also served as UCLA's interim head coach for one game that year after Rick Neuheisel was fired.

With limited coaching space I would think that they would hire him on his own merits. Yes, it stinks, but I can't see where its an issue with the rules. Lots of kids coach their kids and it "should" make them better players.

KU (Larry Brown, iirc, but not sure if he hired him to get the son or if he just enjoyed the fruits of the hire/recruit) hired Danny Manning's dad to be an assistant BB coach. Danny and the "miracles" won March Madness a few yrs later.

I thought of the Manning hire as soon as I saw this. No doubt in my mind that Brown was going after the kid via the dad. Jimmy is just following the Brown model.

Last edited:

KU (Larry Brown, iirc, but not sure if he hired him to get the son or if he just enjoyed the fruits of the hire/recruit) hired Danny Manning's dad to be an assistant BB coach. Danny and the "miracles" won March Madness a few yrs later.

I was just going to cite that hire.

I want Nebraska to win as bad as anyone but not at all cost. Michigan fans deserve better that this side show freak. I have to believe part of their fan base is unhappy with these tactics. If this is what it takes to win National Championships college football is in trouble. As a fan I'll be happy with 8 to 10 wins "the right way".
Have you ever met MI fans. this is exactly what they deserve. They have always felt that the rules should not apply to them because well their "Michigan Men".

I thought of the Manning hire as soon as I saw this. No doubt in my mind that Brown was going after the kid via the dad. Jimmy is just following the Brown model.
Larry Brown is one of the better coaches, ever. Had he ever set down roots somewhere......no telling what he could have accomplished. Dude has had prolly 20 different HC gigs. Damn good coach!

Have you ever met MI fans. this is exactly what they deserve. They have always felt that the rules should not apply to them because well their "Michigan Men".
They are perfectly within the rules. At least, it sure looks that way. If so, what's the problem? A coach gaining an advantage, and even seemingly hiring a QUALIFIED person? Looks win win to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back