• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked Guy Thomas

Status
Not open for further replies.

I'm not concerned. We've been going after other teams' commits, and I expect other schools to be coming after our better ones as well. If he would rather play somewhere else, bye bye to him.

I would rather have kids who are excited to be here, not those looking for the best offer from the slickest snake oil salesman out there.

It still amazes me how recruits don't see coaches like Bobby Petrino and Bret Bielema for the snakes they really are. At least with guys like Saban, Urban Meyer, and Jimbo Fisher there is success to go along with the slithering.

Got to tell you, the lack of back up plans for DE is disturbing. Let's hope this is a learning experience for JP. If Guy bolts, we have 2 years of nada for edge rush talent.

Last edited:

Got to tell you, the lack of back up plans for DE is disturbing. Let's hope this is a learning experience for JP. If Guy bolts, we have 2 years of nada for edge rush talent.
Guy probably projects more to an OLB in a conventional 3-4, but yes, it would be very concerning.

Paup may be the backup plan.

Only good thing is we are switching to a 3-4 defense and need biggest bodies at DE than we have in the past. Granted it would suck losing him but it's the name of the game in recruiting.

Guy probably projects more to an OLB in a conventional 3-4, but yes, it would be very concerning.

Paup may be the backup plan.

Only good thing is we are switching to a 3-4 defense and need biggest bodies at DE than we have in the past. Granted it would suck losing him but it's the name of the game in recruiting.

Whether one calls them DE in the 4-3 or OLB in a 3-4, we are talking about edge rushers. It'll be interesting to see who successfully makes that position theirs in the spring.

Last edited:
Whether one calls them DE in the 4-3 or OLB in a 3-4, we are talking about edge rushers. It'll be interesting to see who successfully makes that position theirs in the spring.

There certainly isn't a lack of options; Freedom Akinmoladun, Alex Davis, Sedrick King, Collin Miller, Ben Stille, and Quayshon Alexander. It will be fun to watch those guys compete this year.

Is anyone concerned about Guy Thomas visiting Louisville this weekend?

Yes. From Nebraska's standpoint, Louisville is one of the worst places he could be visiting on the last weekend before signing day. They will pull out all of the stops, both above the board and below the board. Louisville is the most "SEC-like" team in the ACC in terms of morals. Their two primary "leaders of young men" are Petrino and Pitino.

Sounds shakier and shakier...

"It's making me think hard, real hard," Thomas said. "Nebraska is great, but Pittsburgh, they have something going.

"I'm still committed to Nebraska, but come Signing Day, I'm going to talk with my family and decide which college is best for me; that's why I'm still taking my visits, because I'm still deciding."

Thomas, who's officially visiting Louisville this Saturday, says he's also in discussions to possibly travel up to Baton Rouge on Wednesday for a midweek official visit with LSU, but says nothing is set in stone."

Sounds shakier and shakier...

"It's making me think hard, real hard," Thomas said. "Nebraska is great, but Pittsburgh, they have something going.

"I'm still committed to Nebraska, but come Signing Day, I'm going to talk with my family and decide which college is best for me; that's why I'm still taking my visits, because I'm still deciding."

Thomas, who's officially visiting Louisville this Saturday, says he's also in discussions to possibly travel up to Baton Rouge on Wednesday for a midweek official visit with LSU, but says nothing is set in stone."

Just baffling to me how Nebraska continues to struggle to lock down a legit pass rushing DE HS recruit...

Seriously, not counting JUCOs ( aka Gregory), when was the last time we had a legitimate pass rushing DE commit?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back