1. You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.
    Dismiss Notice

Greg Bell

Discussion in 'Football' started by Babbalanja, Jan 7, 2019.

1. TnHusker87

TnHusker87 Recruit

You sure about that MABC ... South Dakota State and not Territory? We didn’t gain statehood till 1889!! :D

Oh, had family attend both Universities. Got snowed in at your Dakota Dome in ‘82 following a track meet too.

Last edited: Jan 10, 2019
  2. Middle-aged_Ball_Coach

Middle-aged_Ball_Coach Recruit

For the record, I went to USD-Vermillion, so I do, in fact, "Hate State," which is required by state law, and it's only out of patriotic fervor for my home state that I find myself in the odious position of defending those in-bred, toothless cow-punchers with their annoying cow bells. SDSU is a fine institution and is comparable to its older, smarter brother--USD--in all things besides academics and athletics.

I'd like to point out that neither SDSU has defeated Nebraska, though those Jack@$$rabbits scared some poo-poo out of me in 2010 when I would have preferred the Apocalypse to having to hear State fans brag about beating Nebraska. On the other hand, guess which USD has defeated the Cornhuskers?

Bucky, huskon4ever! and solesrfr like this.
  3. Middle-aged_Ball_Coach

Yes, I'm sure. Both USD and SDSU were established before statehood. SDSU was 1881, and USD was 1861, which is why most USD graduates are at least 20 years ahead of those animal necrophiliacs up north.

4. Middle-aged_Ball_Coach

I want to attend the Nebraska-SDSU game and show Nebraska fans a level of hate that would frighten them, their children, and their parents; on the other hand, I'd be homicidal if it turned out to be a close game. In case you're wondering, yes, I have participated in throwing dead jackrabbits onto the floor at U-State games, and, yes, it felt right. It was a great tradition. I thought that it would have set the right tone to occasionally throw out some dead Norwegians, too, when we played the Augustana Vikings, but people get all testy about that sort of thing.

HuskerGene likes this.
  5. TnHusker87

TnHusker87 Recruit

Well, that is an interesting factoid on USD — established 8 years before NU.

I’ll have to ask my cousin’s boy, a freshman animal science major at Brookings if the dislikes are mutual. ;)

At least neither schools have become a prison like the one my mother once attended in Springfield.

6. Middle-aged_Ball_Coach

I can assure you that the hatred is mutual. Almost everyone who attends either school had the other in their final choices, but once you show up on campus, the hate is real. We used to research the personal histories of the State players in both basketball and football so that we could sit behind/beside their bench and get them more than a little distracted. It was brutal ... and effective. If your dad went to prison, you were going to hear about it. We also liked to pick some schlump on the bench and start cheering for him to get in the game, complaining about him not getting playing time, etc. Those guys loved us.

Bucky and TnHusker87 like this.
  7. KleinTxHusker

KleinTxHusker Starter 10 Year Member

Funny, I spelled it with two l's and it came up on this stupid HuskerMax spell checker as wrong. Know it is a French word and thought it had a double l like Papillion... Well, I fell for the spell checker over ancient experience. I am learning to hate spell checkers and auto-wrong. Wikipedia also said the color sometimes is spelled with two l's; and I have always understood the name to be a reference to the color.

8. solesrfr

solesrfr Travel Squad 5 Year Member

SDSU 20 Stanford 17

:D

Go Aztecs!
    [​IMG]

C

Last edited: Jan 11, 2019
  9. solesrfr

solesrfr Travel Squad 5 Year Member

Why are people talking about the Toreros? :eek:

[​IMG]

C

10. Red October

Red October Junior Varsity 5 Year Member

Vermillion is the colour on one of my cars

KleinTxHusker likes this.
  11. Huskerphin

Huskerphin Recruit

Well, this thread derailed rather quickly...

12. Huskerthom

Huskerthom Blackshirt 2 Year Member

By your own Definition they would not be the real USD. Last I knew they were DIII

solesrfr likes this.
  13. Hville

Hville Scout Team 2 Year Member

Ok since we are literally so far off topic will someone explain to me who NU is?

14. KleinTxHusker

KleinTxHusker Starter 10 Year Member

The School Greg Bell played four games for... Their colours are Vermillion and Cream... below is a picture of vermilion...

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 11, 2019
    solesrfr likes this.
  15. denisonred

denisonred Junior Varsity 10 Year Member

If you were hoping to learn anything about Greg Bell you sure in the hell wont learn it here.