• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Grayson HS

Not at all.

With the publicity that Frost and the program is getting with how practices are handled in Lincoln, this could be something else that works in our favor with those we are recruiting.

My concern would be if the Husker staff had built a good relationship with that coach, and with his players staging a boycott, could that be a negative?

Time's a changing. Coaching better change how they deal with these young kids. I pulled my son out of football in his sophomore year do to ridiculous practices that I attended.

He is a new coach according to the article...I am going to say that the staff's connections to Grayson go back much further than that.

I missed that in the article. Well hopefully that coach is just trying too hard to impose his will on a new team and he'll realize he was wrong. If it's true they did live hitting without pads, come on man.
The story got some play on NFL live and Louis Riddick was reaming this coach.

I missed that in the article. Well hopefully that coach is just trying too hard to impose his will on a new team and he'll realize he was wrong. If it's true they did live hitting without pads, come on man.
The story got some play on NFL live and Louis Riddick was reaming this coach.
To not add any confusion, when I said new, I meant newer. He was there last year.

The Rams finished 10-2 last season, Hunnicutt’s first with Grayson. The Rams won the 2016 AAAAAAA state title the year before in Jeff Herron’s lone season as coach.

What does "full-force hitting" exactly entail? I'm assuming tackling to the ground.

We did a lot of form and technique hitting while in shoulder pads and shorts.

What does "full-force hitting" exactly entail? I'm assuming tackling to the ground.

We did a lot of form and technique hitting while in shoulder pads and shorts.

Lots of assumptions here, but it made it sound like full contact without pad on at all. To have a complete team boycott, considering how many players in that team have D1 scholarships, I can't imagine it was a good situation.

Wow, All football coaches are now required to take safety classes. This is from youth up through highschool. I assume what they describe as full contact is probably thud which is full contact without going to the ground. Doing this without pads is a huge NO NO.

I just have to ask, how is this that much different than Rugby or Australian Rules Football? I was talking to a coach a couple of years ago, and he mentioned he liked to teach his kids good form, and to NOT use their protective gear as a weapon. We generally don't become a 'human projectile' when we aren't covered in armor. Just tossing that out.

I just have to ask, how is this that much different than Rugby or Australian Rules Football? I was talking to a coach a couple of years ago, and he mentioned he liked to teach his kids good form, and to NOT use their protective gear as a weapon. We generally don't become a 'human projectile' when we aren't covered in armor. Just tossing that out.
The training is produced by USA Football https://www.usafootball.com/ They were partly set up to increase safety while growing the sport. It's board includes college and professional coaches. If you took the training. Which you are required to do I believe in every state. Then you do not follow the primary guidelines. If one kid gets hurt you could be sued and may not ever work in football again.

I tried Rugby one time with a bunch of UK guys in Australia. Once I understood what they were doing, I jumped in. After 10 minutes of so called 'playing', I broke my nose.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back